The Acquisition Rehab Manager serves as a key person who keeps construction projects on houses that are acquired by the Acts Home Acquisition Fund moving forward. Both major and minor rehab of existing houses will be managed as part of the job, with assistance from administrative support staff. The position works in conjunction with Acquisition Fund leadership to manage projects, develop reports on job costs, produce project scopes of work, material standards and solicit, manage, and schedule contractors. A successful Acquisition Rehab Manager will have knowledge of construction management, have strong communication skills, be proficient in managing budgets, job sites and have a passion for Milwaukee neighborhoods.
What you’ll do:
- Schedule and manage contractors and subcontractors to complete housing projects that include minor and gut-rehabs of existing houses.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate construction remodeling projects.
- Solicit contractor bids based upon established procedures.
- Coordinate purchase and payment of construction materials.
- Work in collaboration with Project Manager and other leadership staff.
- Document project specifications and scope of work estimates using known estimated pricing.
- Coordinate needs for maintenance, inspections, utilities, permits and insurance with administrative support staff.
- Utilize the systems and programs provided to capture and update data on project statuses.
- Plan, coordinate, budget and supervise projects from beginning to end.
- Cooperate with building inspectors and municipalities.
- Track job costs within established budgets. Interact with and participate on community events held by potential sponsors or grantors on behalf of Acts Housing.
- Responsible for maintaining records used in periodic reports required by various agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in a variety of areas such as: strategic planning, financial analysis, project/construction management and transaction management.
- Construction and/or construction management experience.
- Computer skills, that include CRM and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Basic accounting knowledge that reconciles and tracks costs related to houses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, while also taking full responsibility for projects, start to finish.
- Valid driver’s license and registered, insured vehicle (required travel to multiple jobs sites weekly).
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish/English) valued but not required.
- Experience with non-profits and/or government programs valued but not required.
- All Acts Housing employees must be Covid-19 vaccinated.
- Physical ability to walk properties for inspections (inspections require a sense of smell, ability to hear reasonably well, and ability to see) and travel up 3 or more flights of stairs without difficulty, especially those in need of significant repairs.
- Able to use the telephone and communicate verbally.
- Vision sufficient to visually observe the detailed condition of homes and structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Contribution
- Welfare Benefits Plan – term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
About Acts Housing:
Over its 27-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,500 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 1000 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts’ support. Acts’ full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2022 alone, Acts supported more than 300 families to transition from renters to owners.
Acts is a dynamic and growing organization that added 19 new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services. Key programs include homebuyer education, real estate brokerage, home rehab coaching, and lending. Additionally, in 2022 Acts launched a homeownership acquisition fund with a goal of combatting predatory investment by purchasing 100+ homes annually and offering them exclusively to owner occupants.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.
Please apply using this link: Acquisition Rehab Manager