Summary: The Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting Acts’ President and CEO. The Executive Assistant will be an effective and professional communicator who will manage assigned tasks and find additional ways to add value. This role provides comprehensive administrative support to the Acts’ President and CEO, successfully executing priorities, complex projects, and schedules. The individual in this position will be a problem-solver who has a strong passion for Acts’ mission (empowerment through home-ownership).
- Schedules, maintains, and prioritizes calendars of appointments, meetings, and travel plans.
- Organizes administrative aspects of meetings such as agenda preparation, venue selection, food/beverage selections, audio-visual arrangements, and document development.
- Answers, screens, and initiates telephone calls and greets visitors.
- Opens, reads, and prioritizes mail, email, and department documents and determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Handles all sensitive and sometimes confidential Board and Committee-level communication.
- Attends all board and finance committee meetings; takes accurate minutes and distributes timely; tracks attendance.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex written and visual communication tasks such as creating/drafting correspondence and documents under verbal instruction or independently while adhering to brand standards.
- Creates and runs reports under general instruction using Salesforce CRM and displays data to support needs.
- Establishes and maintains electronic filing systems for records, files, and documentation in cloud storage and CRM; maintains confidential materials and records.
- Manages communication and follow up with members of senior leadership team.
- Performs independent research and compiles, analyzes, and summarizes information from a variety of sources to support administrative needs.
- Maintains accurate inventory and accounting of equipment assigned to employees and used in and outside of the office
- Serves as a liaison between staff and technical support providers.
- Manages the organization’s G-suite services and provides/removes access to cloud file storage accounts and files.
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of experience working effectively with executives and leaders and maintaining their confidence by displaying a high level of professionalism
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Superior time and project management capabilities combined with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Capable of working with discretion and tact in a diverse environment exposed to a reasonable amount of sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to utilize and learn multiple technology programs, applications, and other office equipment.
- Reasonable flexibility in working outside of standard office hours.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable insured transportation.
- Ability to life and carry items up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to use the telephone and communicate verbally.
- Knowledge of structure and content of English language including meaning and spelling of words, composition and grammar.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Match
- Welfare Benefits Plan – term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
About Acts Housing: Over its 26-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,000 low-to-moderate income (LMI) families achieve homeownership; 950 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts’ support. Acts’ full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2021 alone, Acts supported more than 270 families to transition from renters to owners (a 50% increase over our prior best year ever!).
Acts is a dynamic and growing organization that is adding new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services.
Acts Housing Homeownership Acquisition Program:
Milwaukee is losing 1,000 homeowners of Color every year, a pace that has persisted over the past decade. This terrible trend for neighborhood stability has been driven by absentee investor owners who are buying up large swaths of single-family homes and turning them into permanent (and often poorly maintained) rentals. The Acts Housing Homeownership Acquisition program will disrupt the absentee investor owner business model by outcompeting them for the best homes, making these homes available to low-to-moderate income (LMI) families for owner occupancy.
Acts Housing was incorporated in 1995 to empower families of LMI through homeownership. For Acts’ first 15 years, its services included homebuyer coaching, real estate brokerage services, and home rehab support. In the aftermath of the foreclosure crisis, when banks simply would not lend to families to help purchase and rehab distressed, foreclosed homes, Acts filled the void, forming Acts Lending, a nonprofit lending affiliate in 2013. Now, faced with the growing land grab by predatory investors, Acts is prepared to innovate yet again, forming this new social enterprise to further its mission.
Because of Acts’ commitment to its mission, the organizational culture often feels more like a start-up than a nonprofit. The Real Estate Acquisition Program is a new service line led by Dorothy York (who served as Acts’ COO for five years before accepting the position of VP Real Estate). This department will operate at a fast pace alongside complimentary programming including homebuyer coaching, Acts Lending, and home rehab coaching. With a goal of acquiring 100 properties per year by 2023, candidates that are brought onto the team can expect both challenges and the incredible reward of helping families access affordable, stable, sustainable housing.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.
Please apply using this link: Executive Assistant