Summary: The Fundraising Coordinator reports to the Fundraising Operations Manager and supports a variety of fund development tactics across the organization. This entry-level role is ideal for someone who enjoys managing a variety of tasks, some routine and some spontaneous. Acts is seeking a team-player who is eager to learn and play a back-office role in the great work the organization does.
Acts is a rapidly growing organization! We are currently adding positions to increase the volume of work we can do and developing new programs and markets that require new positions. We prioritize professional development and promotion from within, so there is a great opportunity for growth in this role. This is a great opportunity to play a role in a significant upcoming fundraising campaign, Acts’ largest to date. You will also have a voice in systems and process improvement initiatives
What You’ll Do:
- Understand Acts’ overall mission, programs, and goals as well as how your role impacts operational success
- Learn the language of fundraising and how to execute the processes and procedures required of your role
- Become a skilled Salesforce CRM user
- Work on data audit projects
- Provide support including registration tracking, nametags, administration and research
- Assist with coordination of special events with a focus on excellent follow-up with attendees
- Build relationships inside the organization and become part of a high-performing fundraising department amidst an exceptional non-profit team
- Document new donors and prospects in Salesforce with an eye for detail; support donor research and prospecting efforts
- Create follow-up tasks and reminders in Salesforce to appropriately acknowledge and engage contacts after meetings, events, and donations
- Intake, recording, coding, and acknowledgment of donations through mail, online, and EFT channels including individual/corporate/foundation gifts, gifts of stock, United Way gifts, etc.
- Document pledges, communicate with finance to create invoices, and review receivables monthly
- Set up recurring gift accounts (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Execute data audits in Salesforce to ensure reporting and planning integrity
- Compile and submit grant applications via online portals and by email/mail
- Help prepare for and attend special events in a support capacity
- On occasion, communicate professionally with donors to answer questions and schedule meetings via phone or email.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in a professional setting (can include internship experience)
- Database/CRM experience preferred (Salesforce experience a major bonus!)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Engaged learner: asks questions, accepts and grows from feedback
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn and troubleshoot within a variety of platforms (ie: GiveLively, Trello, grant portals, etc.)
- Other Duties as assigned
- All Acts Housing employees must be Covid-19 vaccinated
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Match
- Welfare Benefits Plan – term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
About Acts Housing: Over its 26-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,000 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 950 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts’ support. Acts’ full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2021 alone, Acts supported more than 270 families to transition from renters to owners (a 50% increase over our prior best year ever!).
Acts is a dynamic and growing organization that is adding new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services.
Acts Housing Homeownership Acquisition Program:
Milwaukee is losing 1,000 homeowners of Color every year, a pace that has persisted over the past decade. This terrible trend for neighborhood stability has been driven by absentee investor owners who are buying up large swaths of single-family homes and turning them into permanent (and often poorly maintained) rentals. The Acts Housing Homeownership Acquisition program will disrupt the absentee investor owner business model by outcompeting them for the best homes, making these homes available to low-to-moderate income (LMI) families for owner occupancy.
Acts Housing was incorporated in 1995 to empower families of LMI through homeownership. For Acts’ first 15 years, its services included homebuyer coaching, real estate brokerage services, and home rehab support. In the aftermath of the foreclosure crisis, when banks simply would not lend to families to help purchase and rehab distressed, foreclosed homes, Acts filled the void, forming Acts Lending, a nonprofit lending affiliate in 2013. Now, faced with the growing land grab by predatory investors, Acts is prepared to innovate yet again, forming this new social enterprise to further its mission.
Because of Acts’ commitment to its mission, the organizational culture often feels more like a start-up than a nonprofit. The Real Estate Acquisition Program is a new service line led by Dorothy York (who served as Acts’ COO for five years before accepting the position of VP Real Estate). This department will operate at a fast pace alongside complimentary programming including homebuyer coaching, Acts Lending, and home rehab coaching. With a goal of acquiring 100 properties per year by 2023, candidates that are brought onto the team can expect both challenges and the incredible reward of helping families access affordable, stable, sustainable housing.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.
Please click on this link to apply: Fundraising Coordinator