Reporting to the VP – Programs, the IT Business Analyst will be responsible for all of Acts Housing’s information technology operations. The goal of the IT Business Analyst will be to improve organizational processes, quality, productivity, and efficiency through usage of technology. This person will consult with staff, vendors, and developers to assess the current state of the organization’s IT systems and formulate data-driven recommendations on how to best meet organizational needs.
This role is a blend of business analysis, project management and technology support responsibilities. This person should have a broad technical background and be able to contribute knowledge in the areas of hardware, software, and business processes.
What You’ll Do as our IT Business Analyst:
- Develop a solid understanding of Acts Housing’s mission, goals, and services to develop an overall IT strategy which incorporates industry best practices.
- Lead projects focused on continuous improvement, increasing efficiency, standardization, and automation to strengthen operational capabilities and provide excellent service to families and internal/external stakeholders.
- Evaluate current technical infrastructure to formulate recommendations for new technologies and contribute to annual strategic planning and budgeting.
- Work closely with department leaders to understand specific business needs; identify and implement technology solutions.
- Collect data, observe workflows, and monitor system activity to identify vulnerabilities, areas for improvement, and ways to utilize available features.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all software systems (with a focus on Salesforce CRM).
- Create and maintain documentation for software and organizational processes.
- Configure and test software to ensure proper functionality and usability.
- Train users on how to utilize systems and follow documented processes.
- Provide support to users for various technical issues related to hardware, software, and phone systems.
- Conduct cost/benefit analyses to identify which tools to use and which IT functions should be managed in-house vs through vendors and contractors.
- Represent IT function at internal operations meetings.
- Develop and regularly share metrics on department goals and achievements; submit monthly and quarterly reports are in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Manage IT projects and vendors to ensure budgets and timelines are met.
- Keep systems current through operating system and security upgrades.
- Monitor internet performance, network availability, and security; troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware, software contracts/agreements, peripherals, telephonic and electronic equipment.
What We’re Looking for in an IT Business Analyst:
- 5+ years of experience in information technology as an IT Business Analyst, IT business partner or Systems Analyst. Experience working as the “solo” IT person within an organization helpful.
- 2+ years of experience working as SME with software or CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or related field helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, Donor Management Systems, GSuite, and computer hardware including phone systems.
- Basic ability to monitor networks, administer systems, and provide end-user support desired.
- Knowledge of compliance and cybersecurity best practices.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, time-sensitive projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to make timely, data-driven decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to make timely and well-informed decisions based on discernment even in times of complexity and ambiguity.
- Agile work style; thrives in a fast-paced environment with frequent change.
- Highly detailed, collaborative, self-motivated, “driver” personality type
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- All Acts Housing employees must be Covid-19 vaccinated.
About Acts Housing:
Over its 27-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,500 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 1000 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts’ support. Acts’ full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2022 alone, Acts supported more than 300 families to transition from renters to owners.
Acts is a dynamic and growing organization that added 19 new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services. Key programs include homebuyer education, real estate brokerage, home rehab coaching, and lending. Additionally, in 2022 Acts launched a homeownership acquisition fund with a goal of combatting predatory investment by purchasing 100+ homes annually and offering them exclusively to owner occupants.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.
Please apply using this link: IT Business Analyst