We are looking for a Regional Philanthropy Officer who will meet fundraising goals and objectives, connect with our donors to serve our mission. This is a hybrid work position where you will meet with donors, come into the office as needed and work from home.
- Develop and execute ongoing Regional strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
- Manage assigned portfolio of donors (Madison and southwest part of the state) and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks. Solicit assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials.
- Implement a program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $5,000 level or higher. Work with leadership volunteers to identify and cultivate appropriate donors and partner with assigned Gift Planning staff to solicit giving prospects among identified donors.
- Support volunteer leaders in peer-to-peer outreach, (if appropriate) using giving societies such as the Tiffany Circle Society as a key program. Assist corporations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement. Articulate Red Cross programs, listen to corporations’ needs and align programs to their interests. Prepare grant proposals, and engage foundation staff and board members to cultivate and solicit support for the American Red Cross.What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of sales and/or fundraising experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required.
- A current valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.