Leads engaging activities for children and families at the Family Resource Center of Bay View Community Center.
- Provides support and learning opportunities to families with children ages from birth to under six.
- Facilitates and actively engages children and their parents in structured and free-choice activities, gross motor play time, snacks, and related activities.
- Creates and leads activities based on observations of the parents and children’s interests and needs.
- Works with the Director of Family Learning and Community Engagement to implement programs to strengthen family relationships.
- Models appropriate behavior at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including cleaning/sanitizing the Family Resource Center, assisting in event management and planning.
- Supports goals of BVCC and its mission in the community.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required; Early Childhood Education, Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Typically requires two years of experience in child development, education, or human services.
- Experience in early childhood education and development milestones.
- Experience working in community programs with families of diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Relates well to all kinds of people and is approachable.
- Ability to navigate sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual fluency in speaking English and Spanish is required.
- Demonstrated ability to foster diversity, cultural relevance, and inclusion.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to obtain transportation to occasional off site activities.
- May be responsible to move, lift or support up to 25 pounds.
- Must be capable of the manual dexterity required to use and operate a computer, telephone, copy machine, writing implements and other varied office equipment.
- Must be able to speak clearly and hear to communicate with people in person or over the telephone.
- Must have accurate vision to read paperwork and computer screens.
BVCC offers competitive pay and half time staff have paid holidays and earn 10 days of Paid Time Off per year for use as vacation or sick leave.
Please send your resume and cover letter the program director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply soon, as applications will be reviewed as they are received.