The Site Monitor (SM) supervises Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) match meetings between adult mentors and youth during day and after-school mentoring programs at Milwaukee and/or Waukesha schools. The SM tracks attendance of participants, helps guide positive interactions and activities among youth and mentors, maintains communication with school liaisons, provides administrative support and ensures a safe environment for mentoring activities.
- Minimum High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Some experience working with elementary to middle school aged youth.
- Familiarity within the school setting.
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to work independently and keep accurate records.
- Must be prompt, reliable and able to professionally represent BBBS.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced and sometimes changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to warmly welcome and engage youth and adults.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, resulting in solid customer service.
- Ability to be an active participant of a team environment, effectively collaborating with others.
- Ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
- Access to offsite Internet and a cell phone is helpful.
- Ensure youth safety, academic achievement and a rewarding experience for mentoring relationships at assigned sites.
- Take accurate attendance of volunteers and youth, keep thorough records, and share concerns with School- based Coordinator.
- Document and observe match activities and share concerns with School-based Coordinator and/or Match Support Specialist.
- Communicate upcoming school and/or match meeting schedules, enrichments/activities, encouraging match participation and reinforcing the attendance policy.
- Assist with the facilitation of programmatic enrichment/REACH activities for matches.
- Maintain rapport with volunteers, youth, parents, school staff and agency partners.
- Maintain program standards and enforce BBBS program rules and adherence to school/site rules and regulations.
- Be in compliance with all assigned BBBSA Impact U trainings.
- Ensure the safety of all youth and promptly report any infraction or concern to School-based
Coordinator and/or appropriate school personnel.
- Assist with program paperwork and survey administration as directed by the BBBS School-based Coordinator.
- Assess, address, and convey site needs to School-based Coordinator.
- Attend regular team meetings at BBBS office.
Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s or CEO’s request.
Work Schedule and Availability
- Standard position schedule is 20-25 hours per week ranging from 10:30am to 6:00pm
Candidates must have valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation to and from mentoring sites.
Please submit cover letter and resume via:
Mail: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee
788 N. Jefferson St. Ste. 600
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3739
Fax: (414) 607-0135