The Blue Lotus Center provides recreational and therapeutic opportunities for individuals living with profound life challenges on our 64 acre rural retreat. Our guests include children, adults, and seniors: living with physical, developmental, cognitive, emotional, or mental health challenges; who are at-risk due to abuse, neglect, low income, or trauma; coping with a terminal illness, a chronic disease, or dealing with memory loss.
The Special Events Coordinator leads all special events to maintain and improve a strong financial position allowing Blue Lotus to accomplish its mission. It requires an energetic, detail-oriented person who will actively engage the community and implement fundraising events from start to finish. This includes building networks to gain new donors, corporate sponsors, and supporters. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to create and carry out detailed plans, meet strategic deadlines, and work independently are essential to the role. This individual will cultivate and maintain positive relationships with staff, board members, current and potential donors, and other community supporters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation and analysis of an annual series of events to raise necessary funds to accomplish financial goals for the mission.
- Current events are: Annual Roast/Gala, Open House; Tunes at the Lagoon, Matching Grant Campaign (if available); and Annual Appeal. Additionally, assist with Annual Golf Outing led by BLFRC Board Member.
- Schedule and lead all committee meetings related to special events. Provide agendas, minutes, timeslines, etc.
- Manage detailed project plans to ensure all elements are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Analyze and review for improvements for special events to increase funds and enhance participants’ experience.
- Create additional fundraising event/ideas focused on mission/participation and interaction.
- In conjunction with the ED and Board of Trustees, create and implement strategic capital campaigns.
- Utilize CRM, DonorSnap, and QuickBooks to ensure systems are accurately utilized to track donors and contributions.
Experience and Attributes:
- Sincere passion for the mission of BLC and the ability to work with diverse populations encompassing all age ranges
- True enjoyment of nature and being outside
- Enthusiastic, strong work ethic, and works well under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work independently and has sound problem solving abilities
- Experience in successful event planning and implementation
- Collaborator who works well with staff and a board of trustees
Minimum Qualifications & Formal Education:
- Two to three years of fundraising experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in generating revenue through creation and implementation of special events
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel. Preferred working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system
Please email cover letter and resume to Jacqueline@thebluelotuscenter.org by September 30, 2022.