Cathedral Center provides services to women and families with children experiencing homelessness and housing crises. The Grants and Contracts manager is responsible for assuming a leadership role in securing funding to support program and operating expenses throughout the year. This includes researching grant opportunities, writing compelling grant proposals to acquire funding and working with the leadership team to ensure sufficient revenue each year. Directly reporting to the Executive Director, this position works with the leadership team to understand our financial needs, manages the overall grant calendar and ensure funding needs and goals are met.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide training, support and supervision of volunteers as needed.
- Contract Compliance: Review contracts annually, partnering with leadership team in ensuring compliance in policy and procedure, reporting, and data collection.
- Collaborate with Director of Programs and leadership team to maintain efficient and accurate data collection and management, ensuring the effective and timely reporting to funders
- As part of the leadership team, actively participate in development and management of annual budget.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual fund development plan.
- Research and identify grant, contract and community partner funding opportunities.
- Maintain up to date grant calendar
- Write, submit and manage grant proposals and contracts.
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborate with the development team and executive director to send benefactors newsletters, mail acknowledgements and promote on site tours and outreach.
- Collaborate with the development team and executive director to create and mail the annual report.
- Collaborate with the development team and executive director in planning and facilitating special events.
- As part of the leadership team, provide direction and oversight during leadership, program, and all staff meetings.
- Actively participate in community meetings and consortiums relative to the homeless provider network.
- Actively participate in leadership development activities with peers on leadership team.
- Work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally with Cathedral Center’s partner agencies, always representing the Cathedral Center and all partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner.
- Lead and participate in agency tours and public speaking as appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
The salary range for the Grants & Contracts Manager is $50,000-$65,000 annually, depending on demonstrated success, experience and education.
Cathedral Center is a family friendly workplace with a generous benefits package: 3 weeks paid vacation, 12 sick days, 8 paid holidays and affordable health and dental insurance and fully paid LTD/Life insurance. Professional development is encouraged and valued, supported through in house team trainings and external paid workshops/learning experiences.
Skills and Qualifications:
Required: Bachelors degree in creative writing, communications, nonprofit management or related field; Exceptional organizational and writing skills; Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources; At least 3 years proven experience as a grant writer or similar role; Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals. A valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to reliable transportation are required, as well as effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications. A commitment to mission, high ethical standards, excellent written, verbal and people skills a must. All staff at The Cathedral Center are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to always utilize a trauma-informed approach. This position is available to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application. Individuals who are bilingual in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be able to sit and stand, use stairs, and lift up to 15 pounds, as well as transition between locations.
Interested Candidates can send their cover letter, resume', and 3 professional references directly to the executive director: Donna Rongholt-Migan, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a mission driven organization, seeking individuals who are also mission driven.