The custodial associate is responsible for assisting in maintaining a safe and clean physical environment at our Friendship House location. The custodial associate is responsible for day-to-day cleaning of all three floors of the building, as well as minor maintenance and building organization. This is a part-time, hourly position which reports directly to the Director of Operations.
All staff and volunteers at Cathedral Center are expected to communicate professionally and respectfully with vendors, guests, partners, donors, and co-workers. This job is fast paced, and no two days are alike.
All Cathedral Center staff are expected to follow the COVID-19 policies put in place including testing weekly and wearing a mask on shift.
Specific Job Duties:
- Sweep/vacuum and mop floors on all three levels including bathrooms, hallways, and common rooms.
- Daily tasks include emptying trash and recyclables throughout the building and removing it to outside bins. Sanitizing bathrooms and eating areas, dusting, wiping down windows and doors, cleaning first floor kitchen.
- Seasonal duties may include minimal snow removal and spreading salt or ice melt in cold weather.
- The custodial associate is a key person responsible for reporting maintenance and repair needs throughout the building and may be asked to complete minor repairs as directed.
- Works to ensure the building is maintained as a clean, welcoming, and safe environment.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationships with staff, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in basic cleaning or housekeeping.
- Ability to stand, walk, ascend and descend stairs, lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain appropriate and healthy boundaries with co-workers and clients.
- Proficient in reading and writing in English; high school (or equivalent) completion preferred.
- Experience with basic repairs and routine maintenance of equipment preferred.
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application. Candidates must be able to sit, stand, stoop, and walk for extended periods of time and be able to lift fifty pounds. All staff at the Cathedral Center are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and to become familiar with and utilize a trauma-informed approach.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com