The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for selection, training and supervision of Case Management staff, as well as oversight of overall case management services, including effective outcomes reporting and collaboration in the Homeless Management Information System via Clarity. This position will ensure the effective and compassionate provision of services to women and families experiencing homelessness or housing crisis via case management services to two client groups: Cathedral Center’s emergency shelter for women and families, as well as women and families with children in the community (as either an immediate prevention/early intervention service or follow up support after shelter exit).
Specifically, the Case Management Supervisor will ensure that case management staff are trained and supported to provide effective and comprehensive assessments, utilizing a strength based and housing first approach – establishing clear and realistic plans for independence and assisting women and families with referrals, support and follow through to ensure success. This is a relationships focused position and will ensure necessary reports are completed, while also assuming a leadership role in collaborative community services.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide selection, training and support/supervision of 3-4 Case Management staff and interns or other volunteers.
- Complete client services and outcomes reports and submit to the Director of Programs & Services or Executive Director as required by funder agencies in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Provide leadership during weekly staff meetings and client reviews, representing the Case Management team.
- Actively participate in community meetings and consortiums relative to Coordinated Entry, federal and local plans to end homelessness and the homeless provider network.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional, and up-to-date documentation of all supervisory and client-oriented services, including HMIS leadership and data collection.
- Supervise the effective provision of comprehensive assessments, case planning, and follow up services to women and families experiencing housing crises and homelessness, in a compassionate and dignified manner.
- Collaborate with community resources and other homeless providers in coordination of service delivery.
- Work closely with agency program directors and management team to ensure strategic and effective program development, assessment of services and development of policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally with Cathedral Center’s partner agencies, representing the Cathedral Center and all partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Programs & Services.
Skills and Qualifications:
Cathedral Center seeks a mission driven individual with leadership qualities, ideally with direct experience serving the homeless population and/or women and families with children. Bachelor degree required, Master’s degree preferred in a social services or related area, valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to reliable transportation are required, as well as experience in supervision. Clinical supervision available. Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications, as well as comfort in learning an internet-based case management program needed. Some evening hours may be required.
Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must have been separated from Cathedral Center services for at least one year and be willing to have a background check conducted.
Salary range is dependent on education, skill and experience. The Cathedral Center is a family friendly work environment, offering pension opportunities, as well as supporting employees in their professional growth. Paid holidays, sick, vacation and personal times provided.
If you are excited to join the Cathedral Center team, pursuing our mission to provide a safe environment for women and families with children - while working to end homelessness, one life at a time - please send a professional resume', cover letter and 3 professional references via email to:
Lori Runge, Director of Programs & Services: firstname.lastname@example.org