The Development Associate will provide support to agency activities specific to fund development including timely, accurate and confidential management of the agency’s donor database (Donor Snap) and coordinating agency marketing materials and newsletters. This position plays a critical role in managing Cathedral Center’s online presence, assists in agency events, and supports the Resource Development Department. This position is supervised by and provides administrative support to the Director of Resource Development. Hours are primarily onsite Monday-Friday, first shift with some evening or weekend requirements.
The following are key responsibilities of the Development Associate:
- With direct oversite by the Director of Resource Development, manage the agency’s donor database: Record and maintain donor gift records and activities; update/research /add donor information; produce donor acknowledgements; create/run mailing lists and reports; and other duties as assigned.
- Record, track, and manage donations from sources such as Facebook, Pay Pal, Benevity, and United Way.
- Coordinate Heart Matters, the printed quarterly agency newsletter: Collect content from staff members, coordinate with designer, run mailing list.
- With support from Director of Resource Development, execute e-blasts through Constant Contact.
- Maintain inventory of agency marketing materials and work with Director of Resource Development to create new pieces and update current pieces.
- Assist with implementation of special events that may include solicitation of in-kind support; tracking donations and ticket sales; and processing acknowledgements.
- Partner with the Director of Resource Development to produce quality, professional agency communications, including social media and print communications.
- Maintain required CPR and first aid credentials.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to ensure effective teamwork within agency.
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at once, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will have earned a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field. A valid Wisconsin driver license, with regular access to a reliable and insured vehicle is required. A familiarity with vulnerable populations is helpful.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational, coordination, and project management skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines and projects is required.
- Demonstrated competence in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and donor database.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) is preferred.
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application. Candidates must be able to sit, stand, stoop, and walk for extended periods of time, and be able to lift 15 pounds. All staff at are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to become familiar with and utilize a trauma-informed approach.
Full disclosure of past residency at Cathedral Center is required before a candidate can be considered for this position. Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at Cathedral Center must have been separated from services here for at least one year. All candidates for paid and volunteer positions at Cathedral Center must be willing to have background check conducted.
Cathedral Center is a stable and growing organization, maintaining focus on our mission and empowering women and families with children. Wages are competitive, with excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, LTD/Life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off for personal, sick, vacation and holidays. We believe in a supportive work culture that enables growth and maintains focus on self care, while working to meet our clients' needs.
Interested Candidates are asked to submit a professional cover letter, resume' and three professional references to Morgan Sweet, Director of Resource Development via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathedral Center remains a mission focused organization and this position will remain open until filled with the best qualified, mission driven individual.