The Cathedral Center’s mission is to provide a safe environment for women and families with children, while working to end homelessness – one life at a time. We pursue our mission via provision of emergency shelter, emergency and flexible housing, case management support before during and after a shelter stay and employment services.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the development and oversight of the Cathedral Center’s program and services supporting women and parents to increase earned income. The Employment Program emphasizes workforce development via service delivery areas encompassing personal skills development, employment preparedness, placement and follow up support for women and parents with children experiencing homelessness or housing crises, many of whom require individualized support as they heal from trauma and mental illness. Specifically, the Employment Coordinator is responsible for curriculum development/selection, group facilitation and documentation, ensuring quality and timely data collection and reporting, developing and tracking outcomes, securing and retaining employer partners, hiring and supervision of one part time employment retention and program specialist and coordinating program services at both Cathedral Center locations. Representation on workforce development consortiums in the community is also a key area.
All program leadership are responsible for ensuring services are effectively integrated into the agency service delivery flow, monitoring contractual services, volunteer support and supervision, ensuring effective data collection and analysis, monitoring costs and reports to funders, as well as ensuring all services are mission focused and delivered in a compassionate and dignified manner.
All staff and volunteers at The Cathedral Center are expected to communicate professionally and respectfully with vendors, guests, partners and co-workers. Hours are primarily during normal business hours, though hours do vary and there will clearly be a need for some evening activity to meet the needs of the agency.
Specific Job Duties:
The following are key responsibilities of the Employment Coordinator, with additional duties that may be assigned to ensure effective teamwork within The Cathedral Center partnership.
- Ensure effective program structure in consultation and collaboration with CCI management team.
- Develop and select effective curriculum for each of the three service areas: personal skills, job readiness training and employer or industry specific training.
- Provide support and critical linkage to CCI’s case management services upon employment placement, effectively developing and integrating a client centered service delivery flow.
- Data collection and analysis, as well as timely submission of complete and accurate reports to fund sources, executive director, accounting or others.
- Active participation in agency staff meetings, retreats, strategic planning and follow up, with attention to follow through and ensuring effective communication within agency and programs.
- Active participation in and collaboration with community consortiums relative to the homeless provider and workforce development network.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional and up to date documentation of all supervisory and client-oriented services.
- Assist with the development and oversight of agency services and policies.
- Effective development and oversight of the program budget.
- Public speaking and presentations, representing the Cathedral Center and partner agencies in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, social service or complimentary area is required.
- Experience: Workforce development and employment services, group facilitation, human resources, understanding of group dynamics, practiced public speaker.
- Valid Wisconsin driver license and reliable transportation.
- Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications, as well as comfort in learning an internet-based case management program.
- Master’s degree in social service area.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Clear knowledge and understanding of community and family systems, poverty and homelessness.
The Cathedral Center is a mission focused organization, seeking individuals to join our team who understand the importance of collaboration and mission and are excited to grow with us. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including 90% employer paid health and dental insurance, paid long term disability and life insurance, as well as 3 weeks of vacation, in addition to paid sick, personal and holiday time off.
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application. Candidate must be able to sit, stand, stoop and walk for extended periods of time and be able to lift 15 pounds. All staff at The Cathedral Center are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to become familiar with and utilize a trauma-informed approach.
Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must have been separated from services here for at least one year.
All candidates for any paid or volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must be willing to have a background check conducted prior to finalizing employment.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org