Job Summary: Reflecting a longstanding partnership between the Cathedral Center and Friendship House, the Program Director position is responsible for safely and effectively managing the current emergency housing and transitional living program for women and families with children – as well as working closely with the Executive Director, Leadership team and staff to implement new components of this unique Flexible Housing service in Milwaukee. Cathedral Center began offering emergency housing and transitional living service in the Friendship House in October 2016.
Priority responsibilities must focus on ensuring 24/7 staff coverage on all shifts, maintaining safe staffing structures and supervision. In addition, this position is responsible for service delivery flow, oversite of building maintenance and upkeep, as well as work to ensure we are bringing this much needed Flexible Emergency Housing program to the broader community. The program director will facilitate hiring and supervision of 2 full time and 10-12 hourly staff.
On-going responsibilities will be to manage the overall program, including staff and volunteer supervision, tracking outcomes and assisting clients in realizing their goals of independent living, working collaboratively with the Friendship House team to ensure that the residential services and facilities are safe and well kept and that services are provided in a respectful and compassionate manner.
Hours are primarily first shift, with occasional evening or weekend hours
Specific Job Duties:
- Develop and adjust program structure, using a client centered, trauma informed approach: eligibility criteria, admission forms, referral procedures, daily schedules, internal service flow and other duties as necessary.
- Develop, assess and oversee implementation of emergency housing services and policies.
- Oversee safe maintenance of the building and equipment via custodial and facilities staff, as well as outside vendors.
- Actively participate in the Cathedral Center’s leadership activities, ensuring smooth integration of services within Cathedral Center’s programs.
- Selection, training and support/supervision of Guest Support Staff, therapist/case manager and volunteers, including development and implementation of staff orientation and training.
- Timely submission of complete and accurate reports to the Friendship House and Cathedral Center boards, executive director, accounting and others as requested.
- Actively participate in regular agency meetings: all staff, case review, management meetings and team meetings.
- Active participation in community meetings and consortiums relative to the homeless provider network, as well as collaboration for client service delivery.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional and up to date documentation of all supervisory and client-oriented services.
- Effective development and oversight of program services budget.
- Occasional public speaking and presentations in the community
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
Skills and Qualifications:
Required: Masters degree in social services or related area, with 3 years of supervisory and program management experience, valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to reliable transportation are required, as well as experience in serving the homeless population. Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications, as well as comfort in learning an internet based case management program. All staff at The Cathedral Center are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to utilize a trauma-informed approach at all times.
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org