Cathedral Center provides services to unaccompanied women and families with children who are experiencing homelessness or housing crisis. Our Community Case Managers provide critical support and services to those who can be supported to avoid literal homelessness. This position will assist clients in becoming successful with their plans for independence, which include goals focused on income, housing and health and well-being, with identification of potential barriers, strengths and facilitating connections with community resources. The Cathedral Center utilizes a strength-based approach and housing first. This job is fast-paced, and no two days are alike, but the joy experienced when a client moves into their own home never changes.
The following are key responsibilities of the Community Case Manager, with additional duties that may be assigned to ensure effective outcomes for those we serve:
- Using a family systems approach, provide comprehensive assessments, case planning and follow up services to women and families experiencing housing crises and homelessness in a compassionate and dignified manner.
- Facilitate individual, family and group short term supportive sessions to assist clients in achievement of goals for independence and utilizing community resources effectively. Meetings occur in the office, community or client homes.
- Participate in data entry and maintenance, complete annual training requirements for Homelessness Management Information System.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional and up to date documentation (electronic and hard copy) of all client services.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and client reviews.
- Actively participate in community meetings and consortiums relative to the homeless provider network, collaborating effectively with coordinating service delivery.
- Assist with program development, evaluation and planning as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and professionally with Cathedral Center partner agencies, representing the Center and partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner.
- Maintain up to date knowledge base of community resources, ensuring effective and appropriate linkages.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Supportive Services Manager or Director of Programs.
Skills and Qualifications:
Required: must be able to prioritize – meeting urgent and on-going client needs, compiling data, and focusing on long term goals for the agency, while remaining true to Cathedral Center’s mission to provide a safe environment for women and families, while working to end homelessness one life at a time. This candidate will have earned a bachelor degree in Counseling, Social Work or a related area, with an emphasis on family systems theory, trauma informed care or families in poverty and have experience serving individuals suffering from addictions, mental illness and/or poverty and homelessness. A valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to reliable and insured transportation are required. Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications, as well as comfort in learning an internet-based case management program needed. This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus. Candidates must be able to sit, stand, stoop and walk for extended periods of time, and be able to lift 15 pounds. All staff at The Cathedral Center are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to become familiar with and utilize a trauma-informed approach. Some evening hours will be required.
Cathedral Center is a client centered, mission focused agency and we will hold this position open until filled with an individual with similar focus.
Cathedral Center values each of our employees and offers full time staff fully paid long term disability and life insurance, 90% employer subsidized health and dental insurance, 8 paid holidays, as well as paid sick, personal and vacation time. Supported training via internal and external resources is also available. Ours is a work culture that welcomes team and honors family. Downtown parking is fully subsidized for those who work during business hours.
Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must have been separated from CCI services for at least one year. All candidates for paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must be willing to have a background check conducted.
Cathedral Center is a mission focused organization, committed to supporting employees, while supporting our clients and living our mission. We have a strong benefits package, including health, dental, vision and LTD/Life, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time, as well as a newly developed tuition reimbursement policy.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to HR@cathedral-center.org
No phone inquiries please.