Cathedral Center serves women and families with children who are experiencing homelessness and housing crises. The Supportive Services Manager partners with our shelter program director and leadership team to ensure front door services are accessible, provided with compassion, and with adherence to ethical principals and core values of the agency. This includes collaboration and partnership with community resources such as Continuum of Care partners, emergency response professionals, and a broad array of social services providers.
Specifically, the Supportive Services Manager is responsible for the selection, training, support and supervision of up to 4-5 full time team members, to include case managers and child and family specialist. Services include crisis intervention, on site activities, case management services, and housing support. This is a relationships focused position and will ensure necessary reports are completed, while also assuming a leadership role in collaborative community services.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide selection, training and support/supervision of supportive services team: Case Managers, child & family specialist and interns or other volunteers.
- Coordinate on site activities and day services schedules/calendars, ensuring team responsiveness to client needs and outside partnerships.
- Oversee the child & family specialist in facilitating on site services for children such as drop in activities, homework help and after school programming.
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs to ensure accurate and timely HMIS data entry by team members and completion of client services and outcomes reports as required by funder agencies.
- Provide leadership during weekly staff meetings and client reviews, representing the day services team.
- Actively participate in community meetings and consortiums relative to Coordinated Entry, federal and local plans to end homelessness and the homeless provider network.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional, and up-to-date documentation of all supervisory and client-oriented services.
- Supervise case managers in the effective, compassionate and dignified provision of services, including: comprehensive assessments, case planning, referrals and follow up services to women and families to resolve their housing crises and homelessness.
- Share weekend on-call responsibilities with other program leaders, to be available to staff should a client crisis occur or problem solving is needed.
- Actively collaborate and share leadership with the program and agency leadership teams to ensure strategic and effective program development, assessment of services and development of policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally with Cathedral Center’s partner agencies, representing the Cathedral Center and all partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Programs & Services.
Skills and Qualifications:
Cathedral Center seeks a mission driven individual with supervisory experience, ideally with direct experience serving the homeless population and/or women and families with children. The ideal candidate will have earned a bachelor degree in social work or related field, Master’s degree preferred, as well as hold valid Wisconsin driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation. Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications, as well as comfort in learning an internet-based case management program required. Preference given to bilingual candidates (English/Spanish). Some evening hours may be required.
Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to our leadership team at firstname.lastname@example.org