The Center for Deaf-Blind Persons is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization providing rehabilitation training and related services to individuals with the dual sensory of vision and hearing. At present we are looking for individuals willing to serve as a member of the Board of Directors.
Board Member Job Description
- Regularly attends monthly board meetings and important related meetings. The board meets the third Friday of every month from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. These meetings currently are a hybrid. For those that can meet in person, the meeting location is at the Center for Deaf-Blind Persons, 8306 West Lincoln Avenue in West Allis. Lunch is provided. For those that are able to join via Zoom, a link is provided.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fund raising for the organization.
Board Treasurer additional responsibilities: Review monthly financial and investment statements, work with the auditor, review tax returns, and assist with any special filings or incentive program registrations.
Please submit resume and expressed interest to Joan Schneider via one of the following methods:
Mail: Center for Deaf-Blind Persons, Inc.
8306 West Lincoln Avenue
West Allis, Wisconsin 53219