The Operations Supervisor supports iLIFE internal staff and ensures that all iLIFE operations team functions are performed efficiently, with high quality and integrity. The Operations Supervisor will partner with internal and external stakeholders to lead agency success. Operations Supervisor supports, guides and mentors the staff performing those functions while fostering a culture focused on quality, performance, teamwork, and partnership.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Supervises the daily activities, coordinates resources, and sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for DHS Finance Department regarding funding file activity.
- Responsible for the year-end W-2 & 1099-MISC processes.
- Assist with weekly payroll tax filing in addition to annual and quarterly tax filing following state and federal guidelines, monitoring changes, and providing recommendations to the business to remain in compliance.
- Provide back up support to operational staff as needed to ensure deadlines are met.
- Create metrics and manages departmental productivity standards.
- Create internal controls for payment processes at iLIFE, informing management of variances to expected processing and root cause analysis.
- Serve as a liaison to program stakeholders to resolve issues related to program operations.
- Escalate concerns to ensure appropriate accountability, urgency, communication and follow through to closure.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with other internal departments and teams to ensure process continuity.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for employees which includes onboarding, training, coaching on performance, completes performance reviews and overall employee morale. Recommends hiring, terminations, compensation changes, promotions, correction action decisions and terminations. Reviews and approves the accurate report of time.
- Responsible for ensuring that personal actions, and actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations, and laws applicable to the program funders, contracts, and CFI business.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure and Credentials:
Where appropriate, education and/or experience may be substituted
Minimum Required Education:
Associates degree in accounting or related field
Minimum Required Experience:
Minimum 2-4 years proven experience in accounting or payroll operations or related field including experience leading or supervising others
Required License/Certification/Registration: n/a
Issued By Governing Body: n/a
Travel outside of office (More Than 10%): n/a
Required Auto Insurance and Drivers License: n/a
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Ability to supervise and lead a team
- Knowledge of payroll software systems
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Possess a full understanding of payment processing for a variety of vendors and workers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex information.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity, and Work Conditions:
Physical Requirements: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Visual Acuity: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
Working Conditions: None: The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This is a general outline of the essential functions of this position and shall not be construed as an all-inclusive description of all work requirements and responsibilities that may be inherent in this position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the designated work leader(s). All requirements are subject to change over time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.