These positions are responsible for the programming and supervision of the classroom including implementation and maintenance of licensing, EHS-Early Head Start and NAEYC accreditation. These are full-time, year-round positions eligible for benefits. The Center is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Manage classroom to ensure all applicable standards are implemented: ensure health and safety of the children, follow daily room schedule, inform supervisor of ratios, etc.
- Implement Developmentally Appropriate Practice and Creative Curriculum following process-oriented, inclusive principles.
- Manage child behavior through positive reinforcement and redirection as per COA philosophy and NAEYC standards.
- Maintain accurate and timely recordkeeping for all required items.
- Rotate to various classrooms depending on enrollment needs.
- Minimum Level 7 on the Registry. Preferred: Infant/Toddler credential
- Highly Preferred: Associate’s degree in early childhood education or Bachelor’s Degree in any field with at least 18 credits in early childhood education
- Certified for Shaken Baby Syndrome within the first 7 days of hire
- Current (less than one year) health physical which is required every 2 years after
- Patience, positive attitude, and cultural competency
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Microsoft Word knowledge a plus
- Friendly, focused, and professional
- The physical requirements are the ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds throughout the day, the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, and the ability to move quickly in order to safely evacuate children from the Center within certain time limits.
- Completion of a fingerprint background check and drug test prior to hire
How to Apply:
Apply for $1000 Retention Bonus - Goldin Early Education Center Teachers using this link.