The MKE RHRC is a collaborative initiative that leverages expertise from many facets of the rental housing system and brings them together under one roof by:
- Serving as a virtual and physical clearinghouse of information and a comprehensive referral network.
- Connecting people to rental assistance, legal and mediation services, and homeless prevention resources.
- Providing consistent, trusted information on tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities in Milwaukee County.
MKE RHRC Co-Partners include the Apartment Association of Southeastern Wisconsin, City of Milwaukee, Community Advocates, Hope House, IMPACT, Legal Action of Wisconsin, Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee, Mediate Wisconsin, and Milwaukee County. The mission of the Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center (MKE RHRC) is to serve as a trusted convener for the rental housing system and to connect people to resources, education, and services that help prevent eviction.
The Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center Director will be housed at Community Advocates, Inc. as the organization serves as the administrator of the physical space and triage team. The Director will work directly with the Urban Economic Development Association of Wisconsin (UEDA), a local intermediary providing project and fiscal management for the effort, Triage Team, and Co-Partners.
The Director of the Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center will oversee all operations of the virtual and physical space and triage team ensuring tenants, landlords, and others have the resources to navigate through eviction prevention and housing stability resources that can help them address their current situation. Specific duties include maintaining communication and enhancing relationships with co-partners and stakeholders, developing and maintaining operational procedures, overseeing reporting and evaluation, and contributing to development activities to sustain advocacy long-term. This position will also serve as a project liaison to the Community Advocates Housing Department and Emergency Rental Assistance team to ensure coordination.
- Monitor the response to inquiries made via the hotline, website, e-mail, in-person; and referral data via Impact Connect to ensure tenants and landlords are directed to services based on need assessment and eligibility (i.e. financial assistance, mediation, and legal services)
- Collect and maintain intake and referral data to determine numbers served, outcomes achieved, needs and gaps
- Oversee robust referral process with RHRC co-partners and IMPACT Connect.
- Provide support to clients and co-partners with initiating and completing rent assistance applications.
- Work with Milwaukee County courts and co-partners to monitor weekly eviction filings and rent assistance applications to ensure parties are informed and connect to available resources.
- Work with co-partners to develop and maintain communications and messaging for the RHRC website and social media to promote resources that help prevent eviction.
- Maintain calendar for MKE RHRC co-partner office hours and daily events.
- Reach out to trusted service providers in the community (i.e. neighborhood groups, social service organizations, etc.) to ensure they are aware of eviction prevention and housing stability resources.
- Work with Coalition members to develop and provide educational resources for tenants, landlords and service providers (i.e. tips for specific situations, videos, podcasts, train-the-trainer, peer support, etc.).
- Participate in RHRC Advisory Group and Courts working group to identify how the Triage Team can provide resource support to emerging eviction diversion and prevention strategies and actions.
- Share information to promote the goals of the collaborative and to support clients.
- Plan and facilitate regularly scheduled co-partner meetings.
- Participate in other working groups or task forces on specific issues as needed.
- Participate in or support MKE RHRC programs, events, and other public engagement activities.
- Support marketing and communication efforts, including coordinating media outreach and response.
- Refer clients to other co-partners as appropriate and respond to inquiries and referrals in a timely manner.
- Contribute and regularly update content for the MKE RHRC website and social media outlets.
- Attend community meetings related to housing and policy to build relationships and cohesion and bring back information to other colleagues and partners
- Work with MKE RHRC Advisory group and Community Advocates leadership and Housing Department to determine additional areas of opportunity to advance housing work around research, and advocacy.
- Share responsibility for fund/resource development to ensure ongoing financial sustainability.
- Provide data and/or periodic reports to track the activities and outcomes of the MKE RHRC.
- Maintain privacy of clients who are served by the MKE RHRC and referred to co-partners for services.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Tuesday, January 31, 2023.