The maintenance assistant is responsible for maintaining the school building and grounds and tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, and events. The maintenance assistant in coordination with the Facilities Supervisor will provide a welcoming, safe and efficient High School facility. Specifically, the maintenance assistant will be responsible for, but is not limited to:
- Assist and performs work related to the maintenance of the school building(s) including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial and security.
- Assist with the maintenance of the fleet and equipment on school grounds by closely monitoring equipment and completing necessary testing as required. Performs repairs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Perform general upkeep and tasks, which include janitorial, set up, assembly, lawn care, preventative maintenance, and snow removal.
- Completes requests on the Maintenance Service Requests forms.
- Assists with inspections of facilities and the school is in code compliance.
- Informs the Facilities Manager of concerns, projects and schedules on a regular basis.
- Assist with the monthly fire drills, two annual tornado and crisis drills.
- Assists with the maintenance of the facilities without disruption to student learning.
- Assists with the regular maintenance of the school fleet.
- Must be present and/or available for CRJHS events/school programs which may take place in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Must respond to all facility emergencies when needed and work until the issue has been resolved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Send resume and application to:
John Pandl, MBA
Human Resources Coordinator
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
1818 W. National Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53204
414-436-4600, ext. 2131