Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations or his/her designee, the School Security and Safety Manager will maintain the CRJHS security and safety of the school, work and collaborate with Cristo Rey’s Administration in providing services to administer the school safety policies and practices. The School Security and Safety Manager will perform various duties and develop practices and policies focused on the security and safety of Cristo Rey’ students, staff, families and visitors. The School Security and Safety Manager will provide an efficient, safe and secure school.
The School Security and Safety Manager is responsible for security and safety of the school in collaboration with the facilities team. The School Security and Safety Manager will coordinate tasks related security, environmental, safety, and event coordination. The School Security and Safety Manager in coordination with the Director of Finance and Operations will provide a welcoming, safe and secure High School facility. Specifically, the School Security and Safety Manager will be responsible for, but is not limited to:
- Manages all work related to the security and safety of the school building including but not limited to custodial and security.
- Manages the inventory of safety equipment on school grounds. Also maintains accurate records of all annual inspections and maintenance repairs on equipment. Performs repairs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations
Safety and Security Management
- Manage and assist with the security, set-up security for events, and other tasks as needed.
- Develop and maintain a security staff schedule and event calendar.
- Maintain a daily report log indicating any unusual activity or incidents.
- Maintain and monitor activity and hours of athletic director and coaches.
- Maintain and monitor activity and hours of the security staff and assist them in their duties when necessary.
- Establish, train and coordinate all afterschool curricular activities with academic designee.
- Work with administration in developing a Security Awareness Plan for all staff and students.
- Establish and implement all security and safety policies and procedures designed to insure the safety of all occupants of the building.
- Establish and maintain the required safety trainings for all staff. This includes CPR, AED, and blood borne pathogens, fire, severe weather, crisis and others as required to be in compliance with local and state regulations.
School Emergency Operations Responsibilities
- Manage and assist with the safety, crisis planning, and security of the school. Which includes ensuring the safety and security of students, staff, and guests. Areas to manage:
- Prevention, to prepare the necessary functions/tasks to avoid, deter, or stop an imminent crime or threatened or actual mass casualty
- Protection, to prepare the necessary functions/tasks to secure the school against acts of violence and manmade or natural disasters. Also to ensure the ongoing functions that protect students, teachers, staff, visitors, and property from a threat or
- Mitigation, to prepare the necessary functions/tasks to reduce or eliminate injuries, the loss of life and property damage by reducing the impact of an event or
- Response, to prepare the necessary functions/tasks necessary to secure an incident once it has already happened or is certain to happen if it is an unpreventable; establish a safe and secure environment; save lives and property; and facilitate the transition to
- Recovery, to prepare the necessary functions/tasks necessary to during or after an event or emergency in restoring the learning environment.
- Manages the annual inspection of the security and safety equipment and assure all are code compliance.
- Informs the Director of Finance and Operations of areas of concern, special projects and schedules on a regular basis.
- Communicates with the security and safety contract workers and vendors.
- Communicate with all staff regarding safety and security processes and activities.
- Monitor and respond to all fire and security alarms and stay until after an event or emergency to ensure the school is ready for normal activities.
- Manages and assist with the preparation and implementation of the monthly fire drills, two annual severe weather drills and two annual crisis drills.
- Coordinate all licenses, inspections and permits with City, fire department and county.
- Provide assistance to staff, students, and guests when necessary.
- Supervise and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be present and/or available for student athletics, CRJHS fundraisers, dances and school programs which may take place in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Must respond to all facility emergencies and work until the issue has been resolved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a cover letter with salary requirements,
- and a comprehensive resume, to:
Maricruz Talavera‐Pettis, Director of Finance and Operations Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
1818 W National Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org