This role serves as an instructor for sessions that are a part of the DSHA Summer Cool day camp program for elementary and middle school students.
Job Start-End Date:
June 19 – July 28, 2023 (no camps week of July 4th), approx. 8:15 a.m.-3:45 p.m. M-F
Application Closing Date:
This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSHA practices equal employment opportunity.
- Teach weekly summer camps for students entering grades 1-8 and supervise students in the class.
- Take daily student attendance.
- Organize and prepare materials for new camps each week.
- Communicate with camper’s families when appropriate.
- Communicate supply needs to Summer Cool Coordinator.
- Update camp curriculum and supply lists as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
None. Indirect supervisor of student aide assisting with camps.
Education and/or Experience:
Candidate should have a background in education, BA, BS, or pursuing a degree in education preferred, experience in student supervision and a love of DSHA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and feedback.
- Ability to effectively work with elementary and middle school children, present information and respond to questions.
- Displays courtesy, tact, and respect when dealing with others.
- A mission-driven individual with a belief in and commitment to DSHA’s mission and values.
- Understands the mission of the Summer Cool program as it relates to recruitment for future DSHA students.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work takes place in primarily an office/school environment.
Interested individuals must complete the online application at www.dsha.info/careers and include resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Visit www.dsha.info to learn more about Divine Savior Holy Angels High School.
Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.