James Place Waukesha Coordinator
Elmbrook’s vision is to help people become Rooted in Jesus Christ and Released to His mission in our homes, communities, and world. The James Place Waukesha Coordinator, in partnership with Elmbrook Church will oversee all aspects of the James Place community-based ministry in downtown Waukesha. This position will work closely with a team of volunteers to carry out the mission.
- Teach, model and grow the awareness of the mission of James Place: “Building relationships, responding to needs and offering hope in the name of Jesus.”
- Build relationships and collaborate with other non-profit agencies in the community to coordinate services and increase capacity to respond to needs.
- Represent James Place on multiple Waukesha-based boards
- Coordinate classes/programs to clients through nutrition, dental, and health community partnerships
- Participate in Resource Fairs within the community. Library, Veteran Affairs, Farmers Market, Homeless Connection, etc.
- Recruit, train and maintain a team of volunteer staff to carry out daily, weekly and seasonal programs and services that build community and enhance quality of life.
- Develop Leadership team to ensure James Place Waukesha can function at a high level with the Coordinator performing their non-floor roles and being offsite as needed.
- Solicit input from the James Place Waukesha Leadership Team (volunteers), James Place Director of Behavioral Health, James Place Director of Immigration, and the James Place Board to identify ways to improve the overall level of service delivery and any resource needs.
- Provide ongoing communication to and from staff and volunteers, which clarifies roles, engages a positive work environment and improves the level of service to the Waukesha community.
- Regularly evaluate James Place Waukesha’s services to discern when to start or discontinue services.
- As needs are determined, plan ways to respond to people experiencing poverty, joblessness, homelessness, addictions, physical and mental health challenges.
- Supervise and mentor student interns from Carroll’s public health program.
- Pursue training and other professional development opportunities to stay current in trends in ministry, leadership and community engagement.
- Be continually looking for ways to connect James Place clients with opportunities for spiritual growth and involvement in other ministries at Elmbrook Church.
- Attend James Places and Mission Department meetings at Elmbrook.
- Coordinate / Oversee James Place Waukesha’s data entry.
- Demonstrate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Active participant or member of Elmbrook Church are encouraged.
- Supports and endorses Elmbrook and James Places statement of faith, vision and core values
- Heart for service to vulnerable people
- Previous experience in community-based ministry
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and organization
- A desire to grow, seeking relationships, resources, and training to assist in the continuation of personal and professional growth
- Model servant leadership by attitude and practice
- Desire to build positive and healthy relationships with other staff
- Desire and ability to build into others, develop people, and gifting
This position is full-time hourly and classified as nonexempt 30 to 40 hours/week..
Salary – dependent on experience, skills & education
This position is eligible for all benefits associated with full-time employment including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Refer to the Staff Handbook and information provided by Elmbrook’s insurance vendors for specific details.
Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full-time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
403b – Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if they are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan is the first of the month following date of hire. On an employee’s first anniversary, Elmbrook will match up to 2%.
Holidays – Full-time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
The James Place Waukesha Coordinator will be accountable and report directly to the James Place Director of Elmbrook Church.
Please click on the link below to apply.