CLIENT ASSOCIATION: All Clients
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: VP of Finance
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt ( minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Accountant performs multiple services and duties in support of all financial aspects of the non-profit associations managed by EDI. These services include preparing, reviewing and reporting financial statements to the clients in a timely manner. The Accountant also performs various duties and tasks to provide constructive information and support to other support services departments of EDI.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (37.5 + hours/week)
- Enter monthly financial information for assigned client accounts in accounting software.
- Reconcile monthly bank and investment statements for assigned client accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for assigned client accounts.
- Organize, prepare and assist with client annual audits and form 990 tax returns with external auditors, in addition to assisting with preparation of annual 1099 forms for assigned clients.
- Oversight of credit card payment processing for assigned clients.
- Review client invoices for accuracy in addition to entering invoices into the system and assist with payment approval process.
- Liaison to Client Executives and client Board of Directors in all financial matters related to assigned clients.
- Reconcile accounting ledgers to iMIS database reports
- Other accounting duties and special projects as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Minimal (generally up to two weeks per year)
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a combination of Associates Degree, skills and experience. Experience in non-profit accounting is a plus. Proficiency in Excel and Access along with experience in accounting software packages required. Must be organized, detail oriented and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example – lifting, packaging, etc.)
Minimal lifting required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.