POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Director of Administration, MDS
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (37.5 hours/week)
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for MDS, including, but not limited to, internal work order processes, assisting with leadership, education program and membership services initiatives, committees, task forces, study groups and regional sections, and other activities, scheduling conference calls, copying, faxing, maintaining databases, and maintaining computer and paper files;
- Coordinate membership information process, including, but not limited to address updates, general member questions and daily correspondence;
- Respond to telephone calls and e-mails regarding membership, the journals, meetings and physician referral;
- Process mailing list requests;
- Assist with proofreading, filing, writing and coordinating mailings of program, meeting and other activity-related materials (e.g., reports, minutes, correspondence, etc.), and other communications with MDS members, staff and internal and external vendors;
- Coordinate communications and follow-up to meetings, membership and educational program activities;
- Handle MDS general voicemail and email account and respond to or route inquiries as needed;
- Coordinate reference materials and fulfillment, as needed;
- Handle basic research required for projects; work independently to complete projects as assigned
- Maintain department inventory including office supplies, letterhead, reference materials and materials in fulfillment and permanent storage;
- Handle MDS administrative procedures such as cash sheets, check requests, invoices, drafting and distributing staff memos, etc.;
- Coordinate reconciliation of monthly MDS credit card bills;
- Maintain reference list of Society accounts and facilitate staff access to the accounts;
- Communicate with related organizations, government agencies, printing and mailing vendors, as needed;
- Support staff with committees as needed to achieve objectives, including, but not limited to, development of reports, agendas, minutes, timelines, action plans, correspondence, and other presentation materials;
- Work with internal departments (IS, TS, CS, Mail, Accounting, etc.) as needed for MDS projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Some travel may be required. Some early morning/evening work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficient in Windows, MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with MS PowerPoint, and iMIS and/or MS Access a plus. Oral, written, organizational and proofreading skills essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example – lifting, packaging, etc.)
Occasional lifting of 50 pounds may be required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role. There may be the opportunity to work (partially) remotely after a training period.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.