CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC)
REPORTS TO: Associate Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt (37.5 hour week)
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy.
Provides general administration support for the Society leadership and staff, including but not limited to the Executive Team. Assists with projects, programs, systems and technology integral to the successful operation of the Society.
- Provide office support including, but not limited to, answering general inquiries, maintaining electronic and paper files, managing general inventory/supplies, coordinating offsite storage and business card ordering for the Society
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriate maintenance of the Society’s practices and procedure documents, including the Procedure Manual (or wiki) in accordance with leadership approvals and changing needs
- Proofread relevant documents and update the Society website for administrative content
- Help manage the Administrative Timeline for the department
- Assist with meeting the technological needs of leadership and staff (including, but not limited to Zoom, iMIS, Smartsheet, WuFoo, etc.)
- With the Administrative Managers, help to coordinate the invoicing and payment processing for the general Society activities as well as providing staff guidance on income/expense coding
- Orient new staff to the Society, including providing relevant documents, manuals and trainings on administration, leadership and the systems and technology of the Society
- Serve as a resource on administrative functions and procedures for staff
- Provide general leadership committee support including scheduling conference calls, coordinating meeting materials, writing and distributing minutes, etc.
- Help maintain the accuracy of leadership files, both electronic and written
- Support the Executive Team with preparation for Annual Meeting leadership meetings (supporter meetings, annual retreat, leadership meetings, industry meetings, membership business meeting, collaborations, etc.). Provide onsite meeting support if needed
- Collect, review, and process reimbursement requests for leaders traveling on behalf of the Society
- Assist the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills. Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet multi-faceted and sometimes rapid deadlines. Able to work successfully in a team environment
- Previous association management experience and/or familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
- Possible travel, up to two (2) weeks per year
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.