CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
Provide executive-level administrative support to SRS Executive Director and Board of Directors with little or no direction. Position maintains high level of responsibility, exercising discretion and sound independent judgment in performing assigned tasks.
- Schedule and coordinate SRS Presidential Line and Board of Directors meetings and conference calls, including agenda preparation and meeting/event logistics.
- Prepare minutes of the SRS Presidential Line, Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings and conference calls.
- Work closely with Executive Director to facilitate leadership directed tasks.
- Oversight of SRS’s Outcomes & Benchmarking program.
- Manage, strategic initiatives as assigned, including, but not limited to efforts in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, and Early Career outreach.
- Oversight of SRS committee application and tracking process; working with SRS Executive Director and Presidential Line to complete assignments.
- Maintain and update SRS bylaws and policies & procedures in conjunction with the Board of Directors and committee chairs.
- Draft letters, correspondence and other materials with little direction.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Serve as Staff Liaison for assigned committees, including scheduling conference calls, preparing meeting minutes, assisting with correspondence and projects, and other tasks as needed.
- Work with internal departments (IS, TS, CS, Mail, Accounting, etc.) as needed for SRS projects.
- Carry out other related responsibilities as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
2-3 weeks per year, and may include some international travel. Some early morning/evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficient in Windows, MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with MS PowerPoint, and iMIS and/or MS Access a plus. Oral, written, organizational and proofreading skills essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example – lifting, packaging, etc.)
Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.