CME & Education Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Senior Education & Instructional Design Manager, SRS
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of SRS Senior Education & Instructional Design Manager, and related SRS Educational Committees, this position is responsible for oversight and maintenance of ACCME accreditation, as well as management of various SRS educational activities.
- Oversee CME requirements and compliance for educational activities, including, when appropriate, EACCME accreditation;
- Manage ACCME accreditation status, and institute and manage processes to ensure continued compliance with ACCME guidelines and standards; Responsible for interpretation of ACCME guidelines in order to implement the necessary procedures in order to retain ACCME accreditation, including but not limited to designing collection process of information needed by speakers, drafting letters of agreement for industry grants, compiling evaluation data and ensuring that CME certificates are generated
- Manages collection process for assigned SRS educational activities, including but not limited to speaker disclosures and handouts for final programs and non-exclusive license forms.
- Oversee process for management of documentation of all sponsorship income received for educational programs and initiatives;
- Manage the implementation and reporting of educational activity evaluations;
- Work with relevant committee to develop a robust library of materials to supplement educational activities and support the SRS Core Curriculum.
- Work with assigned SRS Committees as a Staff Liaison, to include scheduling of regular conference calls, preparation of agendas and minutes, and general communication;
- Attend live meetings and courses as needed to assist and/or manage onsite;
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately 1-2 weeks per year. Some weekend and evening work, including conference calls, may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelors degree, preferably with an education focus. Professional experience in educational programs, familiarity with and ability to implement ACCME guidelines is desirable. Good oral communications, writing, computer and organizational skills are essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example – lifting, packaging, etc.)
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.