POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources & Office Support
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: Receptionists (3)
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Exempt (minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
Provide support for the Human Resources Department, maintain and enhance positive employee relations, act as an information resource to employees regarding HR policies, procedures and benefits. Process payroll and maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position. Oversee the Reception department.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours per week):
- Post job openings in Paycor (ATS) and any applicable recruiting websites; refresh when necessary; Perform prescreening phone interviews. Perform reference and background checks as needed. Partner with hiring managers to better understand their hiring needs and candidate qualifications for their open positions. Train hiring managers on Paycor as necessary.
- Attend and recruit at designated career fairs. Source resumes on the internet and within our applicant tracking system as directed, identify and implement methods for recruiting candidates, track recruiting data.
- Process payroll through ADP; transfer funds to 401(k) plan (Transamerica)
- Perform online timekeeping training for all new hires (ADP’s Workforce Now) and serve as one of the Administrators.
- Conduct new hires’ HR orientations
- Introduce and tour each new employee.
- Process new employee forms, including but not limited to health, dental, vision, STD, 401(k) and FSA forms by notifying appropriate benefit vendors. Serve as a resource to staff on all benefits offered.
- Coordinate new employee paperwork; process and upload documents to employee files in ADP.
- Update and maintain records needed for ACA and other reporting.
- Process Total Rewards statements in ADP annually
- Process and track all professional development, membership (ASAE, AAMSE & WSAE requests) and tuition assistance requests.
- Process Gravity (Referral) Bonuses.
- Coordinate Holiday, Anniversary and other special occasion cards for staff.
- Supervise Reception department and ensure coverage in the department is maintained.
- Coordinate email messages as directed by the Director of HR & Office Support
- Act as backup in other areas of HR, operations, reception, and corporate services as needed.
- File, copy, fax, and maintain electronic and paper files; coordinate material distribution and/or mailings.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal (local), some evening work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Familiarity with Windows Operating System environment; proficiency with Word and Excel software. Experience with ADP’s Workforce Now and applicant tracking systems a plus. Must have a strong attention to detail to ensure accurate results. Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills are essential. Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an HR setting required, preferably in an HR Generalist role. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. Supervisory experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to easily lift up to 30 pounds.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.