CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, AAAAI
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, AAAAI
DIRECT REPORTS: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Development Manager is a full-time role critical to planning and executing annual fund development programs and strategies of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Foundation through management of annual fundraising campaigns, regular donor stewardship, event management and consistent donor communication.
Minimum of 37.5 hours per week
Primary responsibilities include donor recognition and stewardship, management of annual giving campaigns through clear, consistent marketing and communication and execution of fundraising/special events.
- Manage donor stewardship process for accurate, prompt donor recognition.
- Execute all correspondence to properly thank and recognize donors.
- Respond to all donor calls and emails. Provide support to donors wishing to make donations through all methods available.
- Maintain accurate donor records through the AAAAI Foundation database. Prepare regular reports and analysis of campaign and donor activity/history.
- Implement organization marketing and communications plan, including the annual report, press releases, social media postings, and blast email campaigns to engage donors and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Manage the AAAAI Foundation website and create and consistently update website content reflecting the priorities and projects of the AAAAI Foundation.
- Assist the Director in coordinating and managing projects related to the AAAAI Foundation Council and all its committees, including conference calls, meetings, agenda materials, reports, mailings, work orders, and other projects as determined by the AAAAI Foundation leadership.
- In concert with Meetings Team and Foundation Director, complete planning and onsite execution of Annual Meeting events, including Benefit and Run/Walk special events. Responsible for logistics surrounding both events, both in preparation and onsite.
- Assist in design of AAAAI Foundation booth space and displays for the Annual Meeting.
- During the Annual Meeting, serve as lead staff onsite at the AAAAI Foundation booth. Supervise and train temporary staff to perform the functions required.
- Oversee the processing of all invoices and regularly review monthly accounting ledgers.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
Approximately 1-2 weeks per year; some evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Two years of fund development or related experience preferred. Administrative experience with MS Office, email and data management/reporting skills a plus. Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
Some lifting required, up to 50 pounds.
Ability to quickly move around large spaces such as convention centers, hotels and outdoor venues.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)