CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society, MDS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development, MDS
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society is a non-profit medical professional society of influential clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals from around the world dedicated to improving the care of patients with Parkinson’s and movement disorders through education and research.
The Congress Development Manager provides high-level project management and support to the Director of Business Development in the coordination of the MDS International Congress, the Asian and Oceanian Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Congress, the Pan American Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Congress, and related activities. This position focuses on Industry support, communication and tracking related to these three educational events, including exhibit and sponsor commitments and virtual components.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Expedite Congress sponsor/exhibitor agreements, invoices and related correspondence.
- Maintain Congress sponsor- and exhibitor-related records in shared online database
- Assist Director of Business Development and Exhibits and Sponsorship Manager in responding to sponsor and exhibitor inquiries via email, phone, and virtual meetings.
- Manage Congress sponsor/exhibitor communications on behalf of the Development Team, including drafting emails, maintaining timelines, and sharing deadlines. Work with the Marketing/Communications team to plan and align communications efforts.
- Oversee sponsor and exhibitor areas of the virtual platform used for the MDS International Congress, including virtual exhibit pages, exhibitor listing, sponsor listing, and sponsored session pages.
- Manage the planning and delivery of training to exhibitors and sponsors related to virtual platform content entry.
- Retrieve and deliver performance metrics related to sponsor and exhibitor content on the virtual platform.
- Oversee entry of all new company or organizational contacts and profile information into shared online database.
- Support assigned Committees, Task Forces, Study Groups or other workgroups as needed to achieve objectives, including, but not limited to, development of reports, agendas, minutes, timelines, action plans, correspondence, and other presentation materials.
- Assist Exhibits and Sponsorship Manager with deliverables related to the Congress supporters and exhibitors.
- Assist with onsite management of sponsor/exhibitor activities at International Congresses.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately 1-2 weeks per year including some international travel; some early morning/evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree, previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors preferred. Project management, meeting planning and communications experience desired. Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills required. Word processing and spreadsheet skills in MS Office environment essential.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.