Non-Profit Manager Education, Meetings and Membership
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society of Pediatric Psychology, SPP
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (minimum of 37.5 hrs/wk)
This position works closely with the SPP Executive Director to ensure successful planning for and implementation of the Society’s Annual Meeting. Moreover, the position implements activities that further SPP objectives, liaises with various councils and committees as assigned to provide assistance and support, and manages membership recruitment and retention plans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as the SPP education, meetings and logistics manager in all aspects of the Annual Meeting planning and implementation, including but not limited to:
- request for proposal (RFP) development and submission for all aspects of the meeting
- creation of meeting specifications and history
- performance of site visits/venue selection
- assist with all hotel and vendor contract negotiation
- management and oversight of the catering (f&b) requirements of all meetings.
- liaison for hotel staff onsite for SPP Annual Meeting.
- manages speaker ready room and all AV logistics
- oversees pre-registration and onsite registration; supervises the registration process
- lead staff for speaker communications
- lead staff for abstract process
- works with Executive Director to develop and manage Annual Meeting budget
- works with the staff person who manages annual meeting exhibitor activities
- assists in the development and analysis of Annual Meeting marketing strategy; Oversees creation and lay out of promotional materials including but not limited to marketing, design, and development of save-the-date postcards, meeting brochures, preliminary and final programs, etc.
- coordinates continuing education credit process
- liaison to the SPP various program committees
- works with leadership to develop and implement online education offerings
- process membership dues, including updating the database, maintaining historical records and tracking invoices.
- assist in various areas of communications and marketing including social media, mass email marketing/communication, newsletter content, etc.
- answer all member calls and manage information in box.
- Help maintain the ISOQOL Communications and Marketing calendar.
- Help maintain and update website content.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately 2 weeks per year.
Bachelor’s degree, excellent organizational and communication skills. Team player. Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects. Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Excel, iMIS and Microsoft Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.)
Minimal lifting required – usually at meetings or while exhibiting. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.