CLIENT ASSOCIATION: World Allergy Organization (WAO)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Meetings Manager will oversee aspects of logistical, scientific program and abstract planning and on-site logistics for the WAO conference in Hawaii.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Provide leadership and strategic thinking and planning for the maintenance and development of WAO scientific meetings, ensuring that these remain true to the mission of the organization and are viable sources of revenue
- Manage the planning, logistics, budget, and on-site coordination of the WAO Meetings
- In consultation with the Executive Director, develop meeting budgets for approval by the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Manage programmatic (educational) aspects of the various WAO meetings
- Manage and coordinate all communications with speakers/presenters, including overseeing speaker materials (slides, papers, disclosures, copyright permissions, etc.)
- Ensure adherence to all CME-related requirements
- In consultation with the Executive Director, lead the process of negotiating contracts with convention centers, hotels and service vendors, including exhibition decorating, audio-visual, housing bureau, security, temporary staff, freight services, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with meeting service vendors. Provide direction for, and maintain oversight of, outside vendors to ensure adherence to budget and quality service
- Manage the online registration process
- Assist the Executive Director with WAO exhibitions at other allergy meetings
- Manage the marketing and public relations efforts on behalf of WAO related to all the meetings
- Coordinate all meeting-related promotional and printed materials
- Coordinate with the Administrative Coordinator the meetings’ web pages
- Assist the Executive Director in all sponsorship efforts and ensure that these are in compliance with all relevant guidelines
- Act as Meetings staff liaison to WAO Meeting Committees
- Other duties as assigned
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 2-4 weeks per year; some weekend, early morning and late evening work required. International travel required.
EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE USED: iMIS membership database, Excel and Word, all other office equipment (fax, copiers, etc.).
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 4-5 years of meetings management experience and some marketing and/or public relations experience, computer proficiency, outstanding organizational and communications skills; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Unrestricted mobility: must be able to walk great distances, move quickly from place to place, and lift and move boxes up to 50 lbs.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS (clients and vendors): Internal: liaison with all WAO staff
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.