CLIENT ASSOCIATION Society of Behavioral Medicine
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Meetings Manager, SBM
POSITION THAT REPORTS TO YOU: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
Provides general administrative support for the SBM Annual Meeting (2,000-person annual conference) and other educational programming (e.g., webinars, local member meetups); aides in the successful planning and implementation of these programs with a focus on registration, logistics, and responding to attendee inquires.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
ANNUAL MEETING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of meeting registration processes in partnership with Senior Meetings Manager, website developers, and others, including: database set-up, form processing, payment collection and confirmation distribution, and management of onsite registration desk at live events.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of registration materials needed, including attendee packet creation, bag inserts/stuffing, registration forms, and ship out with the input from appropriate staff as needed.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries from meeting attendees regarding registration/housing.
- Track and communicate with speakers regarding presentation times, poster and handout deadlines, etc.
- Manage the meeting supply inventories.
- For scientific abstract submissions:
- Confirm all Topic Area Chairs and Reviewers and communicate all aspects of the review process to them.
- Send abstract submission reminder emails as needed (submission deadline, reviewer reminders, presentation reminders).
- Run abstract submission reports and assist with offsite meeting prep as needed (print and organize all abstracts for program planning meeting, prepare shipment).
- Assist with testing various meeting related software/websites including but not limited to: abstract submission, abstract reviews, and mobile app.
- Manage SBM’s NIH conference grant submission, file quarterly reports, and keep SBM NIH accounts active.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of the student volunteer program for the annual meeting: updating and sending out application, reviewing submitted applications, selecting volunteers, communicating with volunteers leading up to and during the meeting, and processing meeting registration reimbursements.
- Assist with planning of local member events (e.g., meetups) as directed.
- Manage SBM’s Behavior Change Grand Rounds webinar series, including practice sessions, webinar recordings, and online postings.
- Serve as liaison to various SBM councils and committees including but not restricted to 1) Scientific Education Council.
- Manage SBM continuing education program, including:
- Working with SBM Planning Committee to develop learning objectives and resolve presenter conflicts of interest.
- Working with continuing education provider to complete and submit all necessary forms.
- Posting/monitoring continuing education survey for attendees.
- Maintaining accurate reports for educational activity analysis including registration pace reports, attendee analysis reports, budget comparison reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF REQUIRED TRAVEL: One to two weeks per year; limited evening and weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects. Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Meetings/events experience a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to walk distances in large meeting spaces, move quickly from place to place. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds of boxed publications or materials.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.