Meetings & Education Coordinator, AAAAI
REPORTS TO: Director of Meetings, AAAAI and Director of Education, AAAAI
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Responsible for coordinating administrative functions for the Annual Meeting including registrations, exhibitors, and various logistics; journal and manuscript review CME activities; and teaching slides. Provide consistent, quality customer service while responding to inquiries to meeting attendees by phone or email.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (37.5 hours/week):
1. Annual Meeting:
- Assist attendees with Annual Meeting registration/housing questions via telephone and email. Respond to all inquiries in a timely and professional manner. Coordinate development of invitation letters and registration announcements through work orders.
- Serve as primary contact for exhibitors regarding applications, payments, completion/collection of required forms, booth assignment notifications, final program listings, exhibitor appointed contractors and mobile app enhancements; provide customer service to exhibitors; coordinate exhibit documentation.
- Process function space approvals for affiliate functions.
- Create the staff operations manual, oversee staff shipping of meeting materials and registration deliverables.
2. Education Programs:
- Organize record-keeping for journal and manuscript review Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities in collaboration with journal editorial staff.
- Facilitate the AAAAI’s Teaching Slide program, collaborating with AAAAI staff and committees to collect and maintain up to date resources on the AAAAI website.
- Provide customer support to members and other learners regarding registration and claiming of credits in live and online activities outside of the Annual Meeting.
- Perform administrative functions associated with AAAAI meetings and educational programs in a variety of online database systems, including the collection of outstanding balances and the creation of reports.
- Serve as staff liaison to assigned committee(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1 week per year; some evening and weekend work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Computer proficiency including Word and Excel, outstanding customer service, problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, writing, and communication skills, high accuracy and attention-to-detail required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Unrestricted mobility: must be able to walk great distances, move quickly from place to place, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. required at times.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.