CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) (50%)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director, AACPDM
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Oversees the successful implementation of various projects of AACPDM through membership dues management, committee/volunteer management, awards/scholarships/grants management; meeting registration development, processing and reporting; website and social media updates; serving as a primary point of contact for inquiries pertaining to the Societies’ membership, meetings and other initiatives; and providing support to the Executive Director.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to (minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Provide first-line information for general society inquiries via phone and email accounts;
- Oversee the new member programs including application processing, onboarding tasks, recruitment programs, eNewsletter announcements and quality improvement processes;
- Oversee annual dues invoicing processes including database turnover, retention programs, website updates and regular distribution of invoices, working with journal publishers to provide mailing lists and backfill orders, and sending periodic broadcast emails;
- Oversee the committee appointment process for standing, continuing and ad-hoc committees, ensuring policies and procedures are accurate; maintain all committee rosters, terms and notification letters;
- Oversee Awards, Research Grants and Scholarship online processes including application submissions, reviews, notifications, awards and certificates and quality improvement processes;
- Maintain accurate Society paper and electronic files (including, but not limited to shared project files, membership database records, history documents, statistics and other project management tools);
- Work with Communications Manager to ensure timely and accurate content updates of the Society websites and social media notifications;
- Provide general administrative support and serve as a staff liaison for assigned committees including scheduling conference calls, agenda, minutes, database management, maintaining computer and paper files, coordinating mailings, drafting letters, preparing broadcast emails, and assisting with editing/proofing materials;
- Manage clients’ inventories including supplies, letterhead, reference materials and order as necessary;
- Provide financial administrative assistance, such as deposits/cash sheets, check requests, coding and submitting invoices to be paid, receipts, refunds, reimbursements, etc.;
- Process membership mailing list and job posting orders. Periodically promote job postings on the AACPDM website via broadcast emails and newsletter announcements.
- Assist Executive Director (AACPDM) with providing administrative support to Society leadership, including but not limited to, taking meeting minutes and arranging travel for committee members or meeting delegates;
- All other duties as assigned
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1-2 weeks per year. Some weekend and/or evening work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred; excellent organizational and communication skills; team player; ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects; proficiency in Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of Excel, iMIS and Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required – usually at meetings or while exhibiting. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.