Membership & Administrative Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Contact Dermatitis Society, ACDS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
The American Contact Dermatitis Society (ACDS) is a non-profit medical society consisting of over 2,000 dermatologists, allergists and other health care professionals in the field of allergic contact dermatitis and related inflammatory skin diseases. The Society is committed to advancing the care and understanding of dermatitis and allergy and in providing patient resources for managing allergic contact dermatitis.
This role reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Executive Director in overseeing the successful implementation of various ACDS projects including membership dues management, meeting management related to logistical needs and programming, website and social media updates and other initiatives as identified by the Society’s objectives. This position serves as a primary point of contact for inquiries pertaining to the Societies’ membership, meetings and other initiatives; and providing support to the Executive Director.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of administrative timelines in consultation with the Executive Director;
- Management and oversight of the ACDS Annual Meeting, Bi-annual Fall Meeting, and various virtual events held throughout the year. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Working with Executive Director to develop and manage meeting budgets, educational programming, vendor site locations and AV logistics;
- Overseeing creation of promotional materials including marketing designs, programming materials, print and website advertising and broadcast emails;
- Management of speaker acceptance process in accordance with ACCME guidelines and ACDS policies;
- Oversight of meeting and sponsorship registrations;
- Attending live meetings to manage onsite activities, as needed
- Directs and manages membership processes and member benefits, including:
- Developing and coordinating materials for the annual membership mailing;
- Processing of membership applications and annual dues invoices;
- Maintaining membership records, database and applicable tracking reports;
- Following up with member inquiries as appropriate;
- Developing quarterly newsletter and society advertisement pages for the Dermatitis Journal;
- Perform duties as required to assist the Executive Director in implementing the Strategic Plan developed by the Board of Directors.
- Assist in editing efforts for ACDS documents.
- Provide administrative support for Contact Allergen Management Program (CAMP).
- Develop and coordinate content for the ACDS website and Society social media accounts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1-2 weeks per year, including some evenings and weekends.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS (clients and vendors): Internal: liaison with ACDS Executive Director and EDI support staff. External: ACDS Members, ACDS Leadership and Committees and outside vendors, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit leadership a plus
- Meetings management experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment
- Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.