Non-Profit Program Manager, SBM
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Program Manager, Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Meetings Manager, SBM
POSITION THAT REPORTS TO YOU: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (Minimum 37.5 hours/week)
Provides general administrative support for the SBM Annual Meeting (2,000-person annual conference) and other educational programming (e.g., webinars, local member meetups); manages conference government grant; aides in the successful planning and implementation of these programs with a focus on registration, logistics, and responding to attendee inquires.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
ANNUAL MEETING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of meeting registration processes in partnership with Senior Meetings Manager, website developers, and others, including: database set-up, form processing, payment collection and confirmation distribution, and management of onsite registration desk at live events. Assist on connecting registration platforms to on-site badge printing platforms.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of registration materials needed, including attendee packet creation, bag inserts/stuffing, registration forms, and ship out with the input from appropriate staff as needed.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries from meeting attendees regarding registration/housing, and abstracts as needed.
- Track and communicate with speakers regarding presentation times, poster and handout deadlines, etc.
- Manage the meeting supply inventories.
- For scientific abstract submissions:
- Confirm all Topic Area Chairs and Reviewers and communicate all aspects of the review process to them.
- Send abstract submission reminder emails as needed (submission deadline, reviewer reminders, presentation reminders).
- Run abstract submission reports and assist with offsite meeting prep as needed (print and organize all abstracts for program planning meeting, prepare shipment).
- Assist with testing various meeting related software/websites including but not limited to: abstract submission, abstract reviews, and mobile app.
- Manage SBM’s NIH conference grant submission, file quarterly reports, and keep SBM NIH accounts active.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of the student volunteer program for the annual meeting: updating and sending out application, reviewing submitted applications, selecting volunteers, communicating with volunteers leading up to and during the meeting, and processing meeting registration reimbursements.
- Assist with planning of local member events (4 meetups per year, mostly in fall) as directed, including managing host application process and review, serving as primary liaison to local hosts, organizing contracts for ED signature, coordinating with communications staff for promotions, and managing sign up and shipping of “host box”/swag.
- Manage SBM’s Behavior Change Grand Rounds webinar series, including practice sessions, webinar recordings, and online postings.
- Serve as liaison to various SBM councils and committees including but not restricted to 1) Scientific Education Council.
- Manage SBM’ continuing education program, including:
- Working with SBM Planning Committee to develop learning objectives and resolve presenter conflicts of interest.
- Working with continuing education provider to complete and submit all necessary forms.
- Posting/monitoring continuing education survey for attendees.
- Maintaining accurate reports for educational activity analysis including registration pace reports, attendee analysis reports, budget comparison reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF REQUIRED TRAVEL:
One to two weeks per year; limited evening and weekend work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects. Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Meetings/events experience a plus.
Must be able to walk distances in large meeting spaces, move quickly from place to place. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds of boxed publications or materials.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office (including Wednesday as an all-staff-in-office day) are a requirement of the role.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)