Non-Profit Senior Manager of Online Education
CLIENT ASSOCIATIONS: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education
DIRECT REPORTS: 1 eLearning Manager, 1 Online Education Program Manager
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. Reporting to the Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education and working closely with the society leadership and appropriate committees, the Sr. Manager of Online Education is responsible for the management and coordination of the Society’s online educational materials and online platform hosting educational resources for cancer immunotherapy professionals. Includes developing project scopes with leadership groups, organizing existing resources (both internally and externally) into a comprehensive online educational curriculum, sourcing vendors, managing project budgets, monitoring timelines, ensuring appropriate evaluation data collection, adhering to applicable guidelines in order to ensure timely delivery of quality end products, supervision of staff involved in coordinating the online education efforts, and serving as a primary knowledge base about these programs. The Senior Manager of Online Education should be knowledgeable about current technologies and trends in adult online learning and contribute to society-wide online education goals and initiatives.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education, oversee staff to catalog existing and future educational resources into a comprehensive educational curriculum library
- Work with necessary committees, leaders and the Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education to develop a comprehensive online educational curriculum
- Research and implement best practices in online education and in the development of virtual and hybrid programs. Monitor trends, analyze learner experiences and research new technologies to inform implementation of online education initiatives
- Work with necessary committees, leaders and staff to design and develop online education offerings and enduring educational materials, such as slide sets, podcasts and training videos
- With the Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education and staff team manage the online platform to host the Society’s educational resources
- Manage the transfer of all appropriate educational materials to website or vendors, ensuring timely and accurate information is available to users
- Source needed external vendors and work with internal support services, as needed, to facilitate contract process and monitor project completion
- Assist in the development of and monitor budgets as well as provide appropriate tracking and trending reports in areas of responsibility
- Oversee maintenance of all needed files and systems to track and report on project status
- Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education, determine overall policies, procedures and schedules for online education activities in areas of responsibility
- Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education, oversee and manage strategic collaborative relationships in online activities
- With the Development team, provide project information for grant submission and guide staff team in successful reporting and reconciliation needs
- With the Associate Director of Online and Clinician Education, ensure online education activities in areas of responsibility maintain compliance with any relevant accreditation guidelines and funder LOAs through the application of appropriate design, methodology and assessment models (ACCME, PhRMA, etc.)
- Work with the Communications team to develop effective marketing strategies and determine appropriate promotional outlets to bolster online and enduring education visibility
- Serve as staff liaison to appropriate committees and task forces
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with curriculum development and adult learning principles. A Bachelor’s Degree with a science background a plus.
- Ability to work independently but also with teams, both internally and externally.
- Must meet deadlines and have an acute attention to detail and high accuracy on outputs.
- Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus.
- Travel of up to 2 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.