CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC)
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. Reporting to the Senior Program Manager and working closely with the society’s Education Department, society leadership and appropriate committees, the Program Manager aides in the successful implementation of educational programs of the society for its internal stakeholder constituency. Primary areas of responsibility include program planning support and implementation, faculty management, and managing program development.
- With the Senior Program Manager, develop appropriate educational program proposals
- Interface with appropriate SITC education and/or organizing committees in the development and implementation of programs in area of responsibility
- Under the guidance of the Senior Program Manager, maintain and abide by overall policies, procedures and timelines for educational programs in areas of responsibility
- Coordinate, implement and document internal and external conference calls
- Manage faculty selection, correspondence, tracking and compliance, and collection of documentation for conflict of interest identification and resolution
- Manage the implementation of necessary and applicable technologies associated with project management of programs in area of responsibility
- Interface with the Meetings Department for logistical and registration needs
- Manage the development and distribution of necessary meeting materials
- Manage the implementation of educational activity evaluations and other outcomes measurement requirements and assist in the collection and reporting of educational outcomes data to applicable teams, funders, providers, etc.
- Serve as a resource for program organizers and faculty and for external inquiries about educational programs in area of responsibility
- Work with the Online Education staff to develop enduring educational products from live events including, but not limited to, session recordings, posted slides, manuscripts, etc.
- Work with Senior Program Manager and the Communications Department to implement effective marketing and communications strategies for program promotion and audience generation
- Assist the Senior Program Manager and Development Department to secure needed funding for programs including providing required program information, attendee data, grant compliance and reconciliation requirements
- With the Senior Program Manager, maintain compliance with funder LOAs, collaborative agreements, and any relevant accreditation guidelines through the application of appropriate design, methodology and assessment models (ACCME, PhRMA, etc.)
- Manage and assist in the maintenance of the overall program-specific budgets
- Attend live meetings to manage onsite activities, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications – Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. Word processing and spreadsheet skills in MS Office environment essential. Professional demeanor and attention to detail necessary including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Familiarity with using databases for tracking and reporting, web-meeting services and learning management systems technologies a plus.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience – 2-5 years of experience required. Previous association management experience, previous meeting management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus.
- Travel of up to 3 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work, as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.