CLIENT ASSOCIATIONS: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer, (SITC)
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager, SITC
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. Reporting to the Senior Program Manager and serving as an integral member of the Education Department, the Program Manager will assist the society through project management of educational events with an emphasis on the Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs and Spring Scientific Program. Primary responsibilities include program planning support and implementation, securing approved faculty and maintaining the faculty relationships, managing program outlines and schedules, managing the annual abstract submission process, and ensuring appropriate evaluation data collection.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
General Education Support
- In partnership with the Senior Program Manager, develop appropriate educational program proposals for Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Program (AMPCP) and Spring Scientific Program educational programs
- Under the guidance of the Senior Program Manager, maintain and abide by overall policies, procedures, and timelines for educational programs in areas of responsibility
- Coordinate, implement and document all AMPCP and Spring Scientific Program Education team conference calls
- Serve as the primary source for education inquiries by fielding general education calls
- Serve as a resource for Annual Meeting and Organizers, Co-Chairs and Faculty
- With the direction of the Senior Program Manager, lead program planning for the Spring Scientific Program and serve as a resource for program Organizers and Faculty
- Monitor and update contact information for Education volunteers and committees including email distribution lists, membership database activities and committee/task force rosters
- Manage faculty correspondence, tracking and compliance, and collection of documentation for conflict of interest identification and resolution, and reimbursements
- Manage and update educational program information as needed including on the website, speaker management system, and internal documents
- Work with the Senior Program Manager and Marketing team on the development and distribution of educational meeting materials, such as final program, syllabi, etc.
- Manage the abstract and speaker management systems
- Manage program evaluation data collection process
- Provide onsite assistance at education programs, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet skills in MS Office environment essential.
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail necessary including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with using databases for tracking and reporting, web-meeting services and learning management systems technologies a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience required. Previous association management experience, previous meeting management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus.
- Travel of up to 3 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)
Please apply here on our career page.