CLIENT ASSOCIATION: World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director, WGO
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
STATUS: Exempt (minimum 37.5 hours/week)
The World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) is a federation of 117 member societies worldwide. This position works closely with the WGO Training Centers Chair and is responsible for general management and communication of the WGO Training Centers as well as related educational activities including the development and management of web-based education programs. The position requires a high level of responsibility while exercising discretion and sound independent judgment in performing tasks. This position will also oversee logistics of committees and interest group meetings and other educational activities as needed.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Executive Director and WGO Training Centers Chair to serve the needs of 23 Training Centers.
- Develop and manage annual funding and reporting processes for Training Centers.
- Manage annual scholarships process for the Training Centers recipients, which includes evaluations, reporting, and scheduling of calls with review team.
- Work with Executive Director and WGO Training Centers Chair to review applications for new Training Centers.
- Work with Training Center directors to coordinate articles for publication in WGO’s newsletter, social media promotion, and reporting with sponsors.
- Facilitate and moderate educational webinars by managing the production timelines, working with subject matter experts, running the online webinar software, collecting and analyzing attendee feedback and demographics.
- Manage online courses and other online educational programs as assigned, including development of concept proposals, communication with subject matter experts, developing budgets, setting timelines, collecting paperwork from subject matter experts, and analyzing the success of programs.
- Develop and oversee management of awards, research grants, and scholarships.
- In collaboration with Education and Meetings Manager, manage aspects of Train the Trainer courses which include correspondence with faculty and attendees, application process and logistics, etc.
- Work with staff to oversee and create the promotional materials for WGO activities, including but not limited to content, design, and marketing.
- Serve as staff liaison for assigned WGO committees and interest groups including but not limited to the Clinical Research Committee, Hepatology Interest Group, and Endoscopy Interest Group.
- Assist with committee chairs in scheduling conference calls, preparing agendas and meeting minutes, correspondence and projects, etc.
- Work with designated leaders to develop and manage other short-term and long-term special projects as these are identified.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately up to 2-3 weeks per year, domestic and/or international. Some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, 3-5 years professional experience. Must meet deadlines and have excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills with high accuracy and attention to detail. Self-motivated; able to work independently and on a team; ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills. Computer proficiency, including MS Office, email software and web browsers. Proficiency in a second language, previous association management experience and familiarity working with nonprofit boards of directors a plus.
Must be able to walk great distances in large meeting spaces, move quickly from place to place, and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.