The Food Logistics Associate will work closely with the Food Resource Manager to establish proper storage and management of food resources and maintenance of the warehouse to ensure safe and clean distribution of food. The Food Logistics Associate is expected to perform a wide variety of custodial and mid-level warehouse duties in order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment and perform related work, including, but not limited to, operation of Pantry vehicles, use of a pallet jack to handle donated and purchased food as required. Additional duties include supervision of Food Recovery sorting and storage, assist with inventory management, and distribution of food to partner agencies, assist and help with warehouse volunteers, drivers, and food sorters. Help to ensure security of participants, employees, volunteers and that facilities are maintained at all times.
Position Hours: Monday – 8:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (every other Monday; alternate Monday is 8:30-4:30). Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday – 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Saturday – 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Salary range: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Paid time off begins accruing upon first day on the job. Paid holidays as outlined in employee handbook.
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Able to follow specific instructions and routines and work independently according to a specific schedule.
- Paid work experience in field related to client services or warehouse work preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License. Willingness to learn how to drive forklift, drive transport van, refrigerated straight truck and use other warehouse equipment preferred.
- Able to perform physical labor involving the maintenance, and cleaning of buildings.
- Strong cultural competency and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good critical thinking; able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Highly developed organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities
- Must successfully complete and pass all background checks.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com