FOOD Pantry Serving Waukesha County is a community-based organization located in Waukesha which has been serving county residents in need since 1978. Our clientele is very diverse in culture, ethnicity, and experience and it is our goal to have our staff and volunteer teams better reflect the diversity of the people we serve. More than 300 volunteer spots are filled each month to ensure excellent delivery of service. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, and training volunteers, which includes making presentations to groups. The Volunteer Coordinator matches volunteers to available opportunities and provides support for successful service delivery. This role works very closely with the Community Outreach Manager and the Food Resource Manager to ensure consistent, high-quality and impactful experiences for our volunteers.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Onboarding
- Recruit volunteers from diverse backgrounds and professions.
- Onboard new volunteers and ensure a good fit between volunteer and volunteer role.
- Volunteer Training
- Assist with the development, planning, delivery, and tracking of training to ensure volunteers are prepared to deliver programming effectively.
- Prepare volunteers to work cross-culturally and cross-generationally to create a respectful environment for the people we serve.
- Assist with development of volunteer materials, including volunteer handbooks, training videos and other resources.
- Volunteer Management (Matching, Engagement, Support, Recognition)
- Assist with communicating volunteer opportunities to all active volunteers through mass emails and targeted outreach.
- Assist with matching trained volunteers to program opportunities.
- Problem-solve volunteers issues, in partnership with relevant staff.
- Provide support to volunteers before, during and after programming.
- Assist with management of volunteer appreciation and recognition efforts (newsletters, events, etc.).
- Assist with planning and execution of other volunteer engagement and retention efforts.
- Program Support and Evaluation
- Communicate program details and logistics with all stakeholders.
- Ensure volunteers receive program materials in a timely manner.
- Solicit program feedback from volunteers.
- Analyze feedback and provide input regarding action steps.
- Participate in the curriculum review process focused on improving program quality and effectiveness.
- Database Management & Reporting
- Utilize Volgistics and other tools to track volunteer activity.
- Assist with periodic reporting on volunteer data, activity, and impact.
- Participate in fundraising activities, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in volunteer management, recruitment, and training, preferably working with a nonprofit organization.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly, professional and informative manner, verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate, experienced user of Microsoft applications and Google Drive. Experience with databases or CRMs a plus.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, process-minded, especially with data, document tracking, and project management.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to work independently without constant oversight and direction.
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to groups.
- Able to work cooperatively with and effectively engage diverse groups.
- Strong “customer service” attitude.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and Saturday mornings.
Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Flex time will be offered for occasional work on Monday evenings until 8:00 p.m. or occasional work on Saturday mornings from 8:30 a.m. until noon.
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers and clients in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for occasional special events and meetings
Salary and Benefits:
Paid holidays and paid time off.
Upon successful completion of introductory period, health insurance, life insurance, dental and vision insurance available.
Please submit a resume AND cover letter to Michael Egly at email@example.com.