We are hiring a Case Manager. Come join our team in Appleton, WI, and help make a difference in the lives of the local military veteran families we work with! If you believe you’re a great candidate for this role, or know someone that is, please share this opportunity with them! Thank you!
The Case Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the (Veterans Emergency Fund) VEF program. The VEF program provides emergency financial assistance to Veterans for basic needs as defined by the By-Laws and FVVC Policy. The Case Manager reports directly to the chair of the VEF Committee, currently the Treasurer, who reports to the President. The Case Manager assigns cases, tracks, and distributes VEF disbursements, client history and data and reports on the VEF cases. Additionally, the Case Manager may serve as a back-up to the Treasurer and assist the Treasurer with their duties when required.
1. CASE MANAGER SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive applications for assistance through the varied methods and pathways that Veterans may use to apply for assistance.
- Verify the status of each applicant through review of discharge documents, or other evidence of service that comports with the FVVC By-Laws definition of Veteran.
- When the Veteran status of an applicant is in question the Case Manager shall consult with the President, the CVSO and other appropriate persons to make a determination as to Veteran status.
- Assign caseworkers to cases for assistance.
- Create and maintain case files for each application ensuring that security policies are followed.
- Case files should contain at a minimum: the application, determination of the applicant’s Veteran status, discharge paperwork, information on the applicant’s financial status, leases, mortgage statements, bills, invoices or other documents relating to the applicants request for assistance, email discussions between case workers regarding the case, a final vote tally on the case and a final summary from the Case Manager detailing the assistance granted or a denial decision.
- Disburse funds for assistance through cutting checks (gaining a second signature from the Treasurer, President, or other authorized person on the VEF account), use of the FVVC credit card when warranted or through ACH distribution when warranted. Use of the credit card or ACH distribution should be accompanied by notification to the Treasurer and/or President prior to use if practicable or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Reconcile assistance by case with the Treasurer monthly and annually for reporting to the Board, the Council, and required financial reporting.
- Keep records of assistance by other organizations and referrals to other organizations for each case.
- Maintain data records of assistance to Veterans clients by services (i.e., housing, food, dental, utilities, etc.) by gender, location and other data as required.
- Be able to use QuickBooks and other case management software.
- Prepare reports for officers, board and the Council as needed.
- Prepare and/or assist the Chair of the VEF in monthly status meetings of the VEF Committee including setting up the time, location and remote options for the meeting. Prepare documents for the meeting such as agendas or case status reports/forms.
- Monitor and track status of cases and how long cases have remained open and/or when they closed.
- Monitor VEF funds and work to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover VEF expenses.
- Track use of VEF funds for grant reporting purposes.
- Assist Treasurer when required or act in Treasurers stead when required
2. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN REQUIRED.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, Profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Assist in management of accounts.
- Collaborate with Treasurer and President on annual report, annual budget and financial estimates.
- Assists with financial reporting for grant applications.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and donor database information.
- Prepare Treasurers report in Treasurers absence.
Position is partly remote however requires an est. 15-20 hours of presence at the FVVC office. Position may require local travel, some weekends and evenings as required for supporting FVVC events.
Pay is $20/hr for 30hr/week. Employee eligible for Compensatory time but not overtime. Holidays are normally off except for holidays where support is needed for FVVC events. (List of holidays provided upon request)
No other benefits are provided.
CONTACT: TIM CODY, PRESIDENT FVVC INC., CELL 520-508-3319, EMAIL IS TIMC@FOXVALLEYVETERANS.ORG