GPS Education Partners is searching for passionate professionals to join us in our mission to provide high school students in Wisconsin and beyond with immersive work-based learning opportunities.
Are you motivated to make a difference in the lives of young people? Do you thrive on building connections and fostering sustainable growth in communities? If you have demonstrated excellence in secondary education, workforce development, youth apprenticeship, finance, or fund development/marketing, we want to hear from you!
While we’re particularly interested in applicants from Southeast Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin, DuPage, IL, and Hennepin County, MN, who have demonstrated excellence in Secondary Education, Workforce Development, Youth Apprenticeship, Finance, Fund Development / Marketing- we encourage everyone with interest to apply.
If you’re nodding your head ‘YES’, let’s start a conversation!
- Quarterly Board Meetings (90-minute meetings) – January, April, July, October
- Committee Meetings (90-minute meetings) – March, June, September, December
- Meeting Material Preview and Action Item Completion (approximately 2 hours/month)
- Annual Fundraising Event – September
- Graduation Celebration – May/June
Our Advisory Committees are a vital resource for the health and growth of GPS Education Partners. Board Directors and Advisory members select the Committee which best aligns with their experience and expertise.
Responsible for supporting the resource development and fundraising goals for the organization including grants, major & planned giving, individual donors, friend-raising, sales, and marketing communications.
Responsible for oversight of existing programs, supporting the development of new work-based learning programs, recommending policies to guide staff into evaluation and assessment of programming, and overseeing the GPS Ed WI YA Consortium Steering Committee.
Responsible for oversight of GPS Ed Endowment, participating in annual budget development, reviewing contracts and agreements, recommending financial guidelines to the Board, working with staff to ensure timely, accurate, and relevant financial reports, recommending the selection of the auditor, working to maintain and update organizational fiscal policies and procedures, and review HR and personnel policies.
Personal and professional relationships are precious. Making meaningful connections to Board and Advisor networks allows us to fulfill and expand our mission together. We provide training to our Board and Advisors in relationship development to facilitate effective friend-raising and fundraising.
- Connect individuals to GPS Ed volunteer opportunities
- Invite individuals to attend a GPS Ed event
- Cultivate new monthly donors and/or new donors
- Connect GPS Ed with local businesses/schools/funding opportunities, etc.
- Introduce board prospects to GPS Ed Board when positions open
GPS Ed’s President/CEO and Fund Development Team provide supportive and personalized coaching and guidance to utilize your wealth, wisdom, and influence to reach an individualized giving commitment.
- Individual donations
- Collecting contributions from personal and/or professional network
- Customized giving arrangements
- Sponsorship through employer, foundation, or donor-advised funding
Contact Heather Culli, Special Projects Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or the receive an application.