The Greater Milwaukee Foundation (GMF) is how Milwaukee works together. For over a century, we have helped generous people give back to the community. Together with donors and partners throughout the region, the Foundation invests in the potential of people and places, supports community-grown solutions and strives to end the systemic racism that holds our region back. Through the power of transformative philanthropy and social change, we are focused on shaping a future where everyone thrives – a Milwaukee for all.
You can make a difference, as we are seeking an Administrative Assistant! This position is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Executive Vice President, Chief Operating and Financial Officer, as well as general support to advance key department strategic initiatives. The incumbent performs daily administrative work in support of the Executive Vice President, Chief Operating and Financial Officer and the Finance team, such as assisting with department projects, meeting and event management, data management and other general office duties.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Vice President, Chief Operating and Financial Officer (EVP, COFO), which includes composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the EVP, COFO’s schedule is updated, followed and respected by maintaining an accurate and detailed calendar, managing scheduling requests, proactively communicating changes, and anticipating and responding to schedule conflicts.
- Provides a bridge for communication between the EVP, COFO and internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists the EVP, COFO with organizing Finance and Human Resources team staff meetings, Leadership Team and Deep Dive meetings.
- Works closely with Leadership Team members in carrying out GMF’s mission, participates in and takes minutes for Leadership Team and Deep Dive meetings.
- Supports the Director of Finance with various requests by scheduling meetings and managing the team calendar.
- Reconciles monthly procurement card expenses.
- Processes annual charitable license and non-stock renewals with the State of Wisconsin.
- Supports Finance’s audit confirmation process in Asana.
- Onboards new department staff.
- Supports relevant Board Committee meetings which includes scheduling, meeting setup and takedown, material preparation, posting on Boardvantage, taking minutes, catering and other logistics.
- Coordinates the conflict of interest and confidentiality disclosure process for the Foundation’s related parties (e.g. board, staff, supporting organizations), which includes database entry, management and reporting, as well as disclosure distribution, collection and follow-up.
- A high school diploma, GED or HSED with some advanced training or education in administrative functions required; an Associate degree or higher preferred.
- Seven (7) or more years of administrative support experience required; previous experience working in the nonprofit industry and supporting an executive position preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of customer service experience involving high-level of confidentiality preferred.
- A valid and current driver’s license and vehicle is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and donors.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to compile routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively in a public setting.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint specifically), Zoom/Teams and Skype capabilities, web-based applications and databases.
- Excellent organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solve a wide range of issues.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Criminal background and credit checks are required for this position.
We recognize that at this moment, during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is a uniquely difficult time and we aim to be as flexible and supportive as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position. Some staff may be eligible to work a hybrid work schedule (i.e. work part of their regular schedule remotely). However, all staff are asked to work the majority of their time from the GMF office.
Compensation: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), educational assistance and more!
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please include resume, cover letter and salary requirements when applying.