Job Title: Direct Service Shelter Staff
Reports To: Manager of Residential Services
FLSA Status: $11 per hour – Weekends
This position is responsible for meeting the immediate needs of the guests. A person in this position will actively participate in shelter activities that assist guests with their daily needs. A person in this position acts as messenger between the guests and internal case managers to effectively communicate guest needs.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 3 WEEKS OF VACATION & 11 PAID HOLIDAYS
- PAID BIRTHDAY OFF
- FREE DISABILITY INSURANCE
- FREE LIFE INSURANCE
- HEALTH, DENTAL & VISION BENEFITS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION BONUS
- WE ARE AN ELIGIBLE EMPLOYER FOR FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
- AND MORE!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer service is critical to perform all tasks successfully
- Greet all persons in a friendly, professional manner
- Communicate residence rules to clients and enforce rules as necessary
- Respond to questions and concerns from clients, staff, donors, volunteers, and guests
- Collaborate with Facilities Coordinator as needed
- Follow all agency and mandated guidelines related to security, safety and confidentiality
- Handle admissions procedures regarding intake, late list and coordinated entry protocols
- Responsible for security check of all guests to ensure safety in the building
- Attend all department and all staff meetings
- Model respectful conduct and interactions with guests, visitors and colleagues
- Participate in and coordinate scheduled dorm sweeps with case management staff. Report on sweep findings and actions taken to case management
- Ensure effective communication for guest information throughout all relevant departments
- Sort, log and distribute mail to mailboxes
- Document and review all relevant information in daily logs
- Responsible for daily dining room and kitchen cleanliness
- Answer phones
- Perform tasks on the computer as needed, including checking and responding to emails
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Direct Service Support Specialist and Manager of Residential Services.
- Experience and history working in human services environment, preferably working with male clients who have experienced homelessness
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Must be proficient in basic Microsoft programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Effective time management
Training & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.