Job Title: Housing First Case Manager
Reports To: Director of Housing
This position will be responsible for providing case management for persons living in scattered site permanent housing. The target population to be served in this program is the chronically homeless of Milwaukee. The case manager will work in conjunction with Milwaukee County to carry out the functions of the Scattered Site Housing Program including the provision of quality, inclusive supportive services to the tenants. The goal is for individuals to sustain their permanent housing placement. This position requires availability for rotating 24-hour “on-call” basis for emergencies.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 3 WEEKS OF VACATION & 11 PAID HOLIDAYS
- PAID BIRTHDAY OFF
- FREE DISABILITY INSURANCE
- FREE LIFE INSURANCE
- HEALTH, DENTAL & VISION BENEFITS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION BONUS
- WE ARE ELIGIBLE EMPLOYER FOR FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
- AND MORE!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a consistent caseload of individuals living in scattered site permanent housing units in conjunction with Milwaukee County.
- Have a minimum of at least monthly and as often as weekly in home contact with each individual on the caseload.
- Create, implement and review the tenant’s recovery, wellness and /or supportive service plans.
- Attend team and/or staff meetings with collateral agents to incorporate ongoing supports.
- Create an environment of respect for clients, which honors the person for taking charge of their own lives.
- Provide ongoing communications with landlords and related service providers to ensure tenant’s needs are being addressed appropriately and in compliance with their service and/or recovery plan.
- Assure that all tenants’ files and other records are documented and preserved according to both Guest House and Milwaukee County standards.
- Encourage clients to focus on their strengths, exercise use of natural supports, develop their own recovery goals and strengthen valued roles within their community.
- Be familiar with Wisconsin documents relating to confidentiality as well as agency specific polices and protocol.
- Create partnerships with outside entities to better serve the tenants; schedule various activities for the tenants to participate in throughout the year.
- Provide supportive services to clients who struggle with mental health issues or co-occurring disorders.
- Assure that all relevant documentation relating to the operation of the program is maintained and updated as needed.
- Provide ongoing resources and referrals for tenants.
- Establish and maintain positive community relationships.
- Perform at least annual chart audits.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Housing.
- Knowledge and experience of utilizing community services and housing resources.
- Ability to provide case management for eligible targeted populations.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan, implement and follow through on projects relating to the position.
- Skill and understanding in landlord tenant relations and an understanding of housing contracts and leases.
- Knowledge and experience in Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change methodology in treatment of mental health issues, substance use disorders and co-occurring problems.
- Maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation in compliance with agency requirements.
- Flexibility in schedule (some evening and weekend hours required).
Training and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Human Services or a related field required, Master degree preferred.
- Development and implementation of recovery/wellness plans including proactive crisis plans.
- Excellent leadership and people skills.
- Experience working with individuals who have/are living with mental illness.
- Crisis prevention and intervention training.
- Computer proficient-working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- First Aid training and CPR certification a plus.
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.